ahhhhhh, dilemma.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MNash

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am well-aware that one of the best ways to boost your chances is to apply early. I'm applying this cycle -3.75GPA and sGPA- and I had my DAT scheduled for the last week of june. (so already, im missing the first "batch" to be sent out.)

However, the testing center just called me and said "oh, hey. sorry, your chosen testing center is actually moving that day, and the next available date is july 27th."

?!?!?!?!? EFFFFFF. So, what do i do- do you guys think that my chances are being destroyed right now? I'm planning on submitting my aadsas in the next week, but now i am just even more worried. plus, the pressure is on to ace the test. (also, the nearest testing centers that are a few hundred miles away are also all booked until the end of july.)

advice, anyone? sorry, i know this forum is horribly infested with "chance me" threads. but what do you think my chances are now?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I would look over the terms of the date you picked. They should have known the testing center was moving, and blocked the date accordingly.

I would forcefully see if they cant put you somewhere else at a closer date.

However, at the end of the day, it shouldnt matter that much. It is more of mental hiccup for you than anything else.

Also, them calling you with only two weeks notice is kinda BS.

Members don't see this ad :)
See if they can put you in a different testing center. I would rather drive 1-3 hours and take it when i originally planned than wait an extra month +

See if they can put you in a different testing center. I would rather drive 1-3 hours and take it when i originally planned than wait an extra month +

+1

You'll have to ask them to do something for you ... they are really screwing with you by just cancelling your exam date like that.

I'm with this. I would almost stay overnight elsewhere to get it done if you're ready.

well, i'm basically still on hold with them after being disconnected, but from what they told me, even centers that are over 4 hours away (yes, i live in the middle of nowhere) are booked until the end of july. what the heck?! is this some greater being telling me im not yet prepared for the exam?! haha, i honestly dont know.

has anyone else taken theirs as late as the end of july and still gotten in to schools? if i bomb it, that will sure be a waste of a lot of application $$. ayeayeaye.

well, i'm basically still on hold with them after being disconnected, but from what they told me, even centers that are over 4 hours away (yes, i live in the middle of nowhere) are booked until the end of july. what the heck?! is this some greater being telling me im not yet prepared for the exam?! haha, i honestly dont know.

has anyone else taken theirs as late as the end of july and still gotten in to schools? if i bomb it, that will sure be a waste of a lot of application $$. ayeayeaye.

if u have any relatives within a 10 hour radius and a testing center there, i would personally go to their place a few days before the test to take it a month earlier. i say a few days so that you are not shot after the drive if you do it the night before).

Drive. Make them fit you somewhere else

why is taking it at the end of july such a big deal? Most my friends took theirs in august and all got in... Also most the schools don't start reviewing until august anyways... yeah the DAT takes about 2 weeks to become official and sent off but how is that going to seriously hinder you? come on guys.

driving 10 hours to your test center... good luck with that. Use the extra weeks to bring your score up... thats all that matters, a high score.

If he thinks he's ready to take it at the end of June, he should take it. We all know people who took it in August and September and got accepted. But we are also all aware of that one thing all admissions suggest: apply early. If he thinks he is ready, why gamble?

If he thinks he's ready to take it at the end of June, he should take it. We all know people who took it in August and September and got accepted. But we are also all aware of that one thing all admissions suggest: apply early. If he thinks he is ready, why gamble?

he is not gambling lol... but OK, OP just drive 10 hours before ur test and take it then if your that worried.. but make sure to load up on the caffeine!

Its ironic that there isn't mention of a fifty dollar rebate since they cancelled the test date. If the roles were reversed you know they get their money out of it.

why is taking it at the end of july such a big deal? Most my friends took theirs in august and all got in... Also most the schools don't start reviewing until august anyways

Don't some schools start interviewing mid-August and most by early September?

Btw ...when is the latest you can take your DAT to be considered "early"?

There's not really a hard-set cut off for late/not-late. I just think it's wise to get your DAT done before school cranks back up for the semester. My opinion is that September is kind of pushing it unless you're going to break out some super legit numbers on the DAT.

Browse through some of your schools on Pre-Dents to see what kind of interview dates some past applicants had. Some of mine had interviews scheduled early- and mid- September.