AI / Body Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sievert_fever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for AI / body fellowships given the following criteria/preferences?

- Likely going private practice.
- Will do a chest mini-fellowship my senior year (mostly for cardiac).
- Good procedural volume (IR light).
- Academic hospital system with large referral base (cancer center, etc), trauma center, women's and children's hospital.
- Lots of MR (obviously).
- Non-ACGME accredited, so I can moonlight externally and simulate PP (not essential, but preferred).
- "Fellow driven" program, to the extent that this is quantifiable.
- Geography: Eventually may settle down in Northeast or mid-Atlantic. Big-to-Biggish city preferred.

Alternatively, given the above criteria, are there any historically big name places that I should stay away from?

Thanks in advance. : )

Members don't see this ad.

If your goal is private practice, don’t waste your time with cardiac mri. Msk or neuro or mammo would be far more valuable and likely to be needed

There are definitely some big names that are light on body mr. I’d steer clear of duke, for example.

Also be sure to pry on your interviews at places with 10+ fellows and massive residencies. Even Hopkins doesn’t have the volume to support 12 and 6 mini fellows who want half their fellowship spent in body mr.

Last edited:
Useful, thanks. I'll definitely incorporate those others into my fourth year and reconsider the chest mini. Aside from the body fellowship, I just want to be as well rounded as possible. Perhaps instead of a mini I'll just do a smattering of electives?

Members don't see this ad :)
Artificial intelligence fellowship?