Aide Experience in PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihopeigetin??

Reaction score
Hi! I am a current 1st year PT student with my classes being online in the fall, I decided to apply for a PRN aide job on the weekends. This new job is in acute care however I have had 2 years of experience being an aide in outpatient settings. Besides making a little extra cash, I applied to this job to supplement my DPT education to get exposure to different diagnosis/different setting. Do you guys believe that It is worth while to do this job and take away from studying time? Or should I just reject the offer? Will working as an aide during PT school be attractive to future employers when I graduate? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys believe that It is worth while to do this job and take away from studying time? Or should I just reject the offer?

I don't think it's worth it unless you have free time and have nothing better to do (including getting some rest, socialize, or other pleasant activities). If you have enough time to study and want some cash - go for it or maybe consider a different on-side job that pay a little bit more.

Will working as an aide during PT school be attractive to future employers when I graduate?

Not really. Employers want your PT (not PT aide) knowledge and your PT license. There may be a tiny percentage of employers who will be impressed with your PT aide experience, but again it's not worth the effort.