Air Force HPSP Candidate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VJP212

Reaction score
I am applying to the Air Force HPSP. If accepted, I would start dental school mid-2021 at age 35. My recruiter did not indicate that age is a problem, but I understand that many recruiters are simply information routers with no real input into the decision making process.

Is my age an issue? I would graduate dental school at age 39.

Academic stats:
~ DAT 22AA | 22 Bio |25 GC | 21 OC | 21 RC | 21 QR | 17 PAT
~ 4.0 science GPA.
~ MBA
~ 100 hours shadowing
~ 30 hours volunteer time

Members don't see this ad.

39 (at time of graduation) is the lowest maximum age requirement in any branch, so you won't have any issue applying. But plenty of people have gotten age waivers in case anyone else reading is worried now.

39 (at time of graduation) is the lowest maximum age requirement in any branch, so you won't have any issue applying. But plenty of people have gotten age waivers in case anyone else reading is worried now.

Good to hear. I see that you are also in Arizona. Any insight you can provide about selecting a base to do the AEGD / payback at? I am applying to Midwestern and UNLV and would like to stay in this region if possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be allowed to rank the residency locations, but it's wherever they place you that you go. If applying to AF, Nellis AFB will be the closest location to you for AEGD. Be aware that AEGD does NOT count toward your payback years. Luke and Davis-Monthan are the two bases in AZ you could request for your first duty station assignment.

AF_CONUS_Dental.jpg