Air Force HPSP GPA Requirement Question Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bearmanbear

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As this question changes yearly, I felt I should ask, as I couldn't find a direct recent answer elsewhere. Any insight would be appreciated:

Question: What exact GPA do they use to determine matrix/non-matrix for Air Force HPSP? Is it cumulative or institutional? or?

A recruiter I spoke w/ a month ago told me I was a strong applicant, but then I realized I had given him my current institution GPA and perhaps they wanted my entire cumulative... yikes. Have had trouble getting ahold of him, so I figured I would ask on here and get something quicker. If I get ahold of him sometime next week, I will report here. In the meantime:

I've got my current institutional GPA (3.7) and then my junior college (3.0) and my overall (3.15). I've already got an acceptance and meet the MCAT requirements. But now I'm worried my total "cumulative" won't meet the bare minimum, as my shotty grades from almost a decade ago are coming back to haunt me once more and drag my GPA about .1 below the 3.2 cutoff.... If you have a good MCAT and an acceptance already - is the waiver I've heard of more likely? I know this will make the process longer and it drops my strength as an applicant, but I'm hoping it won't be the kiss of death...

PS: I'm applying for Fall 2021, class of 2025. Anybody w/ a similar [recent] experience would be appreciated! Thank you

PSS: Also, is there a branch that would accept me w/ a 3.15 cumulative GPA? I got a HPSP pamphlet in my inbox the other day, and try as I might, I didn't see anything about a GPA under eligibility. I'm assuming this means they have done away with it for this next incoming year of applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The pamphlet I got in my inbox from a recruiter the other day said this:

"
Q: How can I qualify for an HPSP
scholarship?
 A: You must be a US citizen
enrolled at or accepted for
enrollment in an AMA
accredited Medical school.
 Pass a Physical at the Military
Entrance Processing