1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Air Force HPSP - UOP

Discussion in 'Military Dentistry' started by lalssu, Jan 7, 2009.

1. lalssu

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know this question has been asked in general before, but I got news from my recruiter today that contradicted other posts I've seen and I was wondering if someone could clarify how it works specifically in the Air Force...

Anyway, I received the Air Force 4 year HPSP, and I was planning on attending UOP. I was told when I applied for the scholarship that I had to apply for the 4 year, and then if I got accepted to UOP, there wouldn't be a problem converting it to a 3 year scholarship. But my recruiter contacted me today to tell me that he was wrong and I would have to waive the 4 year scholarship and go on the waiting list for the 3 year scholarship if I want to go to UOP (there are a ton of people already on the waiting list, so I probably wouldn't be selected). I was set on UOP, but in the end I'd choose a 4 year school w/ the scholarship over UOP w/out the scholarship. So before giving up hope on UOP, I was hoping that someone could let me know if there's still a way to attend UOP on the scholarship I've already been awarded.

Any thoughts?

#1 lalssu, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bnducd

bnducd New Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    This may or may not alleviate your concerns. I am a second year at UOP on a 3yr AF HPSP. A classmate of mine, also with the AF, came to UOP on a 4yr scholarship and converted to a three year a few months into the program. I don't know how he accomplished this but apparently it is possible. I would highly recommend sticking with UOP (I am biased) and try hard to get it converted. PM me if you want more info.