Air Force HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jfitzpat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a recruiter and he said that all of the alloted spots are taken, but they are matrix qualifying those with a 3.5 and 19+. I am going to do this, but wanted to know if anyone here knows the chances of getting the scholarship off the matrix. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should post this on the military dentistry thread

I think you still have a shot. I'm going on the AF HPSP and I remember hearing my recruiter say that people who do apply after all the slots are taken still do have a shot b/c not "all" those people are going to be accepted to d-school. Some may even choose to drop out. However, overall number of scholarships being offered is down to like..35 or something this year (4 yr scholarships). If you dont get one..you could always go to d-school and apply for a 3 yr.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with a recruiter yesterday, he said that there are currently 22 people on the waitlist and that the chances for this year are slim to nill. However, you can get your application in on Oct. 1st of this year and will be more or less gauranteed a 3 year scholarship. The three year scholarship will also gaurantee to you that your home base won't be changed, as it is the Air Force policy to move officers every 3 years (or so I am told).

I spoke with a recruiter yesterday, he said that there are currently 22 people on the waitlist and that the chances for this year are slim to nill. However, you can get your application in on Oct. 1st of this year and will be more or less gauranteed a 3 year scholarship. The three year scholarship will also gaurantee to you that your home base won't be changed, as it is the Air Force policy to move officers every 3 years (or so I am told).

I've been accepted to the AF HPSP. I was number 11 on the waitlist about two weeks ago and heard last friday that I had been accepted. So I would guess there is a chance. Also, from what I've heard and read, the AF has now changed their policy to move officers every 4 years.

The recruiter I spoke to said they just changed it from every four years to every three years...that sounded odd to me, because if I recall it used to be every three years. Often, recruiters don't reallly know much about what you will be doing and your commitment though...which is why you should always get everything in writing

I've been accepted to the AF HPSP. I was number 11 on the waitlist about two weeks ago and heard last friday that I had been accepted. So I would guess there is a chance. Also, from what I've heard and read, the AF has now changed their policy to move officers every 4 years.

This is the new rule. The new PCS rule is that you don't get to move from one stateside base to another if you haven't been at your current base 4 years. The caveat is that you can go from a state side base to an overseas base if you have been at your base less than 4 years. I do believe the other exception is if you are training ie. residency or aegd. The word was that this was even going to apply to Colonels but then others thought this would be an impossibility due to command positions...