Air Force Pharmacy???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcjc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with practicing pharmacy in the military, and specifically the Air Force. I know that it is promoted quite a bit that you will not experience the "normal" retail hassles; however, you have added the possible much worse military bueracracy (sp?).

Will be graduating in about two years, and this is an option I have begun to give some serious thought to.

Any experiences/thoughts whether positive or negative would be most appreciated. Thanks... :)

Members don't see this ad.

patmcd said:
Search in this forum and read up in the military service forum, this has been addressed multiple times.

Help, I have looked for the thread. I think too much med chem tonight or maybe just med. But I can't find the info on this and I am interested in others experience with this too. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for posting those links.
However, they didn't (at least for me) help too much. The postings under "Military Pharmacy" seemed to be mostly by individuals who were not even in pharmacy school yet, whereas I only have about two years to go.

I checked under Military Medicine, but didn't see any other articles dealing with pharmacy .

Does anyone also know how well the Air Force is with pharmacy residencies... I was only able to find information mentioning medical residencies when I checked their website.

Again, thanks for posting the links.

kcjc said:
Does anyone also know how well the Air Force is with pharmacy residencies... I was only able to find information mentioning medical residencies when I checked their website.

I have shadowed in both retail and hospital settings in the Air Force, but never discussed AF Residencies with any of the pharmacies(I am not sure if the AF does for pharmacy). The military has a medical school, USHUS, Physical therapy programs, but no Pharmacy programs whatsoever. I am not suggesting that there are not any redencies though, I may just not be aware of them(I checked every avenue before I got out of the AF last year, but like you said you are already in school, and I am just now about to enter P1) However, my mentor has been an AF pharmacists for the past 3 years, I will talk to him tomorrow and let you know what I find out. :)