Air Force Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guocamole

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering doing Air Force Endo or Perio, has anyone here gone through the program recently at San Antonio? How is work life balance and what is the daily schedule like? Currently in AEGD

Members don't see this ad.

I am considering doing Air Force Endo or Perio, has anyone here gone through the program recently at San Antonio? How is work life balance and what is the daily schedule like? Currently in AEGD

I’m a current Air Force Endo resident. San Antonio’s program is very heavily geared towards their residents getting board certified, and you feel that from day one. But the faculty is so kind and they treat us as colleagues, so it’s been a great learning environment. I feel like we have a better work life balance than some of the other programs, but there are times when it gets busy and stressful. It ebbs and flows. I can’t speak about perio, but we take classes with them this year, and I can connect with you a current resident if you’d like. Feel free to DM me if you have other questions.

Have you thought about finishing your ADSO and applying to civilian programs instead? You can use the GI bill to finance the cost, while not having to give them additional years of service after residency.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Have you thought about finishing your ADSO and applying to civilian programs instead? You can use the GI bill to finance the cost, while not having to give them additional years of service after residency.
That's what I'm doing. Hopefully it pays off in November and I match.