Air Force Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soccerkid_20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone has gone through the air force interview process for the HSPS Scholarship. If you have, can you please let me know what type of questions they ask?. I am applying for the 3 year scholarship

Also if there are any current dentists that are doing there service, can you give me your feedback about the program? Hows do you like it? Do you regret it? Is it worth it?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mine was on the phone. It was pretty chill from what I remember and not that long. Just discussed some things I'd done and talked about military dentistry. I don't remember being grilled about anything. Afterwards my interviewer said he was going to highly recommend me to the board, didn't even make alternate -_-

In the Navy now so I got the better deal anyway ;p

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was on the phone. It was pretty chill from what I remember and not that long. Just discussed some things I'd done and talked about military dentistry. I don't remember being grilled about anything. Afterwards my interviewer said he was going to highly recommend me to the board, didn't even make alternate -_-

In the Navy now so I got the better deal anyway ;p
Did you apply to both the AF and Navy simultaneously? Is it frowned upon to do such a thing? Or did you apply to the Navy after being rejected by the AF?

I had barely started the Navy one but yes you do get some pushback if they know you're already applying to another branch. But who cares it's your future and it's a big deal to get the scholarship, there's no official rules against applying for more than one branch it's just more paperwork for a recruiter. In the end I'm glad I got Navy instead I like the base options better and would like to get on a hospital ship.

Reactions: 1 users
I had barely started the Navy one but yes you do get some pushback if they know you're already applying to another branch. But who cares it's your future and it's a big deal to get the scholarship, there's no official rules against applying for more than one branch it's just more paperwork for a recruiter. In the end I'm glad I got Navy instead I like the base options better and would like to get on a hospital ship.
Ok, so just to be clear, you got denied by the Air Force, and then you applied to the Navy immediately after? Or you applied to both at the same time?

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone let me know what they ask in the Air fore interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
I had already started the Navy one but didn't have that much done yet. I think I found out sometime in early Decemebr that the AF wasn't working out.

Thank you for posting this. I'm strongly leaning towards air force but I have an offer from the army on the table as well. I would prefer AF but I know there aren't many slots open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile