Airbnb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MolarBear_

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone advise against using Airbnb for interviews? Seems like a good way to keep cost down, but I've heard of a few bad experiences. Is this generally safe or is it more worth the peace of mind to cough up for an actual hotel?

Members don't see this ad.

My girlfriend uses Airbnb a lot and hasn't had a bad experience. Just make sure the person you're renting from has a few decent reviews.

Reactions: 1 users
@Scumbag_Steve Used airBnB last application cycle and highly recommends it to keep costs down. I wish I would have known about it when I was interviewing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I plan on using Airbnb for all my interviews, or at least when possible. It's way cheaper!

Last edited:
I'm an Airbnb host a. And we've had people come for med/dental school interviews. No problems whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Definitely use it if it's cheaper. I've found that, depending on the area, sometimes hotels are actually cheaper. Some air bnb's also have minimum stays of 2 or 3 nights.

Make some comparisons. You can also try to bid on Priceline for exceptional name your own price.

Compare with hotels, since some cities AirBnb may be more expensive. But yes, AirBnb is amazing. Have used it in North America, and throughout Europe. Have actually made good friends out of it as well (with the hosts).

Check reviews!

I tried to look for people on SDN to split a room with me for my NOVA interview in Aug but couldn't find anyone. Since Nova is in Fort Lauderdale, it is pretty hard to find an inexpensive hotel so I just booked a room on AirBnb from a young and hip couple for 1 night. First time using AirBnb, hopefully everything will turn out okay. I'll come back and update about my experience.

I tried to look for people on SDN to split a room with me for my NOVA interview in Aug but couldn't find anyone. Since Nova is in Fort Lauderdale, it is pretty hard to find an inexpensive hotel so I just booked a room on AirBnb from a young and hip couple for 1 night. First time using AirBnb, hopefully everything will turn out okay. I'll come back and update about my experience.

AirBnb is amazing. Hopefully you booked a place with good reviews! Also, the more positively people review you, the better rooms/places you get to view!

Reactions: 1 user