[AJPE] Pharmacy students get anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a bit old-fashioned, but there's pretty good external reasons to be anxious in professional school. Same like having a little bit of an OCD tendency doesn't hurt practicing pharmacists. If it needs to be treated, fine, there's nothing wrong with it, but this is a water is wet study.

I just hope it isn't so scarring that I die screaming about failing my organic chemistry exams on my deathbed like that Spanish pathologist painter.
 
Last edited:
For most people that I've talked to, working in a pharmacy is far more anxiety provoking than the school. Don't get me wrong, I've walked into a ton of exams feeling anxious and expecting to fail.

I never wanted to attend a school that had 90% requirement on exams, I believe like Nevada. I think that's very high bar to set.

For me, the thought of failing a class and getting held back a year, losing 40k+ in additional tuition costs was far more anxiety provoking than the time I spent in retail.
 
For me, the thought of failing a class and getting held back a year, losing 40k+ in additional tuition costs was far more anxiety provoking than the time I spent in retail.
Ditto that. I still have nightmares about discovering I haven't gone to a class until the end of the semester or forgetting a test. I have never once had a bad dream about work.