Alabama Pharmacy Tech questions. . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

badgerpharm09

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I'm a Biology(Pre Health) / Theology double major here in Mobile, Alabama. I really want to be a pharm tech this summer in between my summer classes, but honestly, I'm not familiar how to apply. So. . .

What's the first step?

I checked the AL Board of Pharmacy Website, and they said to submit a 1) written" (and notarized) pharmacy technician application,
2) a $60.00 biennial fee, and 3) hours of CE (1 of which must be live). So- I am then legally a pharm technician ?

Two more questions, then I'll give y'all a rest:

1) Where can I perform ACPE-T or Board Tech approved CE? (I think some can be done online, but what about that "live" hour)?

2) I want to be certified by taking the PTCB; however, should I take that before I send in my pharm tech application, or after my apps been accepted and I've met the 3 hrs of CE?

Thanks for your help!!

I'd really appreciate if a AL pharm tech/ pharmacist could help me with this, or someone familiar with AL Pharm regs ! 🙂