Alabama State?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agwebby

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from ASU? I know they don't do interviews and was just wondering if anyone knows when I should be hearing something?

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to them last week and they informed me that they would send out letters in March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, someone here on SDN (check acceptance sticky thread above) has already been accepted for this cycle about 2 weeks ago i think.

Yes Jbizzle, you are correct! Someone did get accepted by Alabama State already. If I get accepted by them, I am 100% sure that I'm not going there because their "customer service" is horrible! I have tried numerous times emailing them and calling, but I can NEVER get through! I don't care if it came down between WashU and Alabama state.....I'd rather pay the $50,000 more!

But I will say that if they paid me to go there, gave me free housing and meal plan, I'm all in! hahahahahaahahaha

IDK, If they gave me the good news, I would drive about 4 hours to Montgomery to check out the program/campus. The tuition for out of state is pretty good. I calculated around 50k maybe, and a pass rate of 94.29%. Correct me if I can't do my math right:D. And it would be the closest to home.

Do you know if they have a cadaver lab? And have you met any of their graduates?

Do you know if they have a cadaver lab? And have you met any of their graduates?
No and No, but that's why Im going to check it out if they accept me. And I guess Howard started reviwing their apps this week. Im assumingyou received an email this morning?

Yep I received an email this morning. They do have an interview process, correct? The way she worded her email, I felt as if they weren't going to conduct one...hmmm

Yep I received an email this morning. They do have an interview process, correct? The way she worded her email, I felt as if they weren't going to conduct one...hmmm
Nope, no interviews

did you all apply to their grad school as well or did you understand to only submit that app if you were accepted?

did you all apply to their grad school as well or did you understand to only submit that app if you were accepted?

Thats what I understood. I thought it was for "selected" applicants.

Hey gang,

I recently have been accepted to ASU's DPT program. I thought I might help you all out with the questions you were asking. Here we go.

1) The University has already been notifying applicants on acceptance.... If you have not been contacted there is still a chance, the class size this year is supposedly 24 students and other applicants accepted may have already been accepted at other universities.

2) Yes! They have a cadaver lab.... It is awesome, in fact I was very surprised of the size. They also have a Exercise Phys lab, several classrooms, gym area, and clinical area.

3) If you are having problems contacting the program.... keep trying, you must understand they are very busy notifying the upcoming class as well other tasks they may be doing.

4) As far as tuition both In-state and Out of-state are pretty inexpensive rates in comparison to a UAB or USA. Also their pass rates for Boards are impressive (they teach what you need to know to practice effectively).

5) No interview process, but be proactive ask for a tour meet the students, see the campus, interview the professors anyway, and develop an rapport with the professors. It worked for me.

6) It may sound as though I am hyping up the university....... Well, I am. This is the only university I applied to because I feel as though it is the perfect fit

Good Luck Gang

University: Columbus State University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.55 (based off PTCAS numbers)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.46 (based off PTCAS numbers)
GRE: Verbal 470, Quantitative 350, Analytical 3.5

Extra-Curric: ACSM member
Volunteer/Paid: 3000hrs+!!! I have worked in the rehab sciences since high school
Applied: Alabama State University.......No need to apply elsewhere. (I have wanted to go here since high school, their program is the perfect fit for me.)
Interviews: None
Acceptances: Alabama State University
Rejections: None

Members don't see this ad :)
1step334, did you get an email, phone call, snail mail? thanks and good luck!

They contacted me by phone.

University: Columbus State University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.55 (based off PTCAS numbers)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.46 (based off PTCAS numbers)
GRE: Verbal 470, Quantitative 350, Analytical 3.5

Extra-Curric: ACSM member
Volunteer/Paid: 3000hrs+!!! I have worked in the rehab sciences since high school
Applied: Alabama State University.......No need to apply elsewhere. (I have wanted to go here since high school, their program is the perfect fit for me.)
Interviews: None
Acceptances: Alabama State University
Rejections: None

1Step334, thank you very much for this information. Wow, im really excited now about ASU and really want an acceptance. But with a class size of 24, it will be tough to get an acceptance with my stats. Just like my first go round applying, I applied to schools that accepted on the low end 18 and the high end 30.

I just got accepted yesterday! they called me on the phone !

I've been gone all day on Saturday and when I finally got home at around 11 pm I saw that the post office left a "we missed you" note on my door. On that note it said that it was a certified mail that I needed to sign for and the sender was ASU. So, if they contact applicants by phone to inform them of their acceptance, then does that mean the certified mail that they needed me to sign for is a rejection letter? I don't think they'd need me to sign for a rejection letter. It's killing me, I can't believe I'm saying this but Monday can't come soon enough. Did anyone get any certified mail from Alabama State on Saturday 3/12 ???????

I've been gone all day on Saturday and when I finally got home at around 11 pm I saw that the post office left a "we missed you" note on my door. On that note it said that it was a certified mail that I needed to sign for and the sender was ASU. So, if they contact applicants by phone to inform them of their acceptance, then does that mean the certified mail that they needed me to sign for is a rejection letter? I don't think they'd need me to sign for a rejection letter. It's killing me, I can't believe I'm saying this but Monday can't come soon enough. Did anyone get any certified mail from Alabama State on Saturday 3/12 ???????

I got rejected via certified mail......I'm actually in shock!

Yes, I did all that after I was accepted to the PT program. How about you, how is the process going?

I just found i got accepted on Friday. So i am applying to the grad program now. I just have to get my recommendations in and my transcripts.

Not yet. I have been going through alot of loopholes with the grad department. By the end of the week it should be solved.

Do u know if it Is it hard to get accepted into the grad school ?

All who were accepted, have you recieved any other information after sending in the acceptance letter?

I was accepted also but I am confused and nervous about the graduate accepting process! Any info on that?

I haven't heard from the graduate admissions yet. I did have to call them because when i applied, I thought the program started in the summer not in the fall.

I'm pretty sure if we got accepted to the program that we will get accepted to graduate admissions. I am ready to get started!

Utah, have you heard anything from graduate school yet?

Hi, while doing a google search about alabama states pt program, i pulled up this old post. I was wondering what some of your gpa's were and if you got accepted. I am a senior at a four year university and this would really help me in deciding my career path. My current GPA is 3.2. Thanks

I had a 3.5 and did not get in , but I got into UAB and South Alabama , but Ala st has been the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with ( I talk all about this in another post) Since Ala st doesn't do interviews all they have to go by is your application so I would try and make yourself stand out by a good essay, volunteer hours etc..