Alameda county medical center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi !!
i just found out about this website and i am so glad to find so useful info...
please help me with this... if you have any information/advice/suggestions, etc about this IM residency program i would apreciate it! i have an interview with them pretty soon.

good luck to all in the interview-match process!

Members don't see this ad.

57 people have seen this post and no answer? :(
come on guys!
share some info...thanks

I applied to and interviewed with the prelim medicine program at ACMC (=Highland Hospital), which is the county hospital in Oakland, CA. Huge variety of cases, lots of tropical medicine, lots of languages spoken. The housestaff seem pretty happy, have a union to negotiate benefits for them. Faculty seems really supportive. I didn't talk to too many categorical folks, so I'm not sure how PGY-2's and 3's are doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey why is there lots of tropical medicine? That sounds pretty cool - didn't know you could get much exposure to that during residency...

rugtrousers said:
I applied to and interviewed with the prelim medicine program at ACMC (=Highland Hospital), which is the county hospital in Oakland, CA. Huge variety of cases, lots of tropical medicine, lots of languages spoken. The housestaff seem pretty happy, have a union to negotiate benefits for them. Faculty seems really supportive. I didn't talk to too many categorical folks, so I'm not sure how PGY-2's and 3's are doing.

There is a lot of tropical medicine because there are many people in Oakland from other nations who come to live with family, to find jobs, and sometimes, to find treatment for their conditions. Since ACMC is the county hospital, they don't turn anyone down.

thanks rugtrousers!! best of luck in the match!!