Albany 6 Yr Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJAmmz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit unclear as to the applications process for this. I need to take the SATI right, what abotu SATII? They will require my high school transcript also. What other peices of informaiton are necessary as a CDN citizen?

What other 6 yr programs are available out there?

Thanks for the info! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

there are a variety such as rice/baylor..NYU i think might have one as well as case and UMich...Miami has one....they vary in length...

Out of HS, I applied for the Miami 6 yr program (which I believe has since been changed to an 8 yr program)...its a great option if you are mature as a HS student and already know you want to be a doctor.

I didnt get in when I applied and I was bummed...But I think it was a blessing in disguise...I had no patient contact experience or hospital volunteering or research before college...my 1st few years I matured so much as a person and had meaningful patient care experiences and conducted research. I even flew to Peru and shadowed various surgeries there and even visited a Psychiatric Hosptial and worked with other med students at an Internal Medicine ward. I loved it

This summer, I got into the UM 7 yr program offered to UMiami sophomores...

Overall the moral of the story is that these HS to MD programs are not for everyone. In many cases, such as mine, it is better to experience college life a little before deciding on medical school...

If you want to know more just PM me. I think there are books that specifically go over HS to Med School programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way I can still apply to these having completed two years of university? I don't really care if they don't count anything from my 1st two years of college, being 18 age is not my primary concern.

Here's what I'm trying to do, write the SATs and send in my HS transcript for the applications. But I am very unclear on the application process for these programs. I need all the info I can get. Albany takes their students through some other institues right? Such as that "Polytechnic" institute and the Union College I think. What about other 6 yr programs?

Any info is appreciated guys.

Not sure if you can get in after the second year of college....the program near where I had lived was only open to high schoolers. Call up Albany and ask before applying. You may not qualify. There are 7 year programs which take sophomores, not sure if you need to be in the same college as their med schools. For the record, I'm not sure you'd save any time getting into the six or seven year program now. You have already finished two years of college and most people apply their senior year, and six year programs are very competitive, hardly a backdoor to med school.