Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trunks9807

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For any first year or second year of the Early assurance Pathway!

I have a few questions as the school year approaches. Is there anyone else that got accepted?

1. I submitted a Housing Refusal form to opt out of the on-campus housing, but I was still billed for it. How long does it take for them to process it? I submitted it nearly 3 weeks ago! Also, I never signed up for their meal plan and they still billed me for that (i'm guessing it goes with the housing)

2. The fees are due July 12. Does anyone know when our private loans kick in?

3. Under class schedule, there's a 15 unit course call "CON 100 - first year". Anyone know what that's about (I got accepted as a second year)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know what you mean... I don't know about the housing situation. You should call and find out why you were charged for it. Im sure they will drop the charge because its not like you put down a deposit for housing. If you live in Holland/Princeton Suites then you dont need the meal plan. Well I was accepted into the first year. Actually I have that CON 100 thing too. Which I need to figure out how to fix because I know I'm suppose to be part time based on the courses they gave me credit for. And you would obviously pay less tuition as a part time. Let me know your situation since I know you posted this 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
So I got 1 and 2 figured out. I called about the housing charges and they found my form and processed it. Which dropped the housing charge. However, the meal plan is still there. Accounting said that they will drop the meal plan on the next billing update, but i got an e-mail saying that billing was updated this morning, yet it hasn't been dropped. I'll just wait til next week when tuition is due and see what happens.

Will you be an incoming first year?

I've been trying to get a private loans, but it's been at 9.1-9.3% interest rate from Sallie Mae and Citibank. Which is quite high. do u have to take private loans? and how high is the interest? I don't know if i should keep searching or if that's the range i'm getting regardless...

With loans not disbursed til September 8, i'd have to pay out of pocket. and that's the hardest part.

I still don't know what's going on with the 'CON 100 - first year' thing. The status does say that I am second year status. I'll check with the advisor monday.

Let me know what's going on with you. I don't know anyone else on the same boat as me. so it's kind of hard. and i've posted a lot through SDN and there's no help.

I know what you mean... I don't know about the housing situation. You should call and find out why you were charged for it. Im sure they will drop the charge because its not like you put down a deposit for housing. If you live in Holland/Princeton Suites then you dont need the meal plan. Well I was accepted into the first year. Actually I have that CON 100 thing too. Which I need to figure out how to fix because I know I'm suppose to be part time based on the courses they gave me credit for. And you would obviously pay less tuition as a part time. Let me know your situation since I know you posted this 3 weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with the counselor and he said that 'CON-100' is a dummy schedule used so that student accounting can charge for tuition until all documentations are received.

Sorry, I've been out of town. I know you asked almost 3 weeks ago. But yes I got a private loan from Chase. I found chase to provide the lowest interest rate at 4% but that was because I had a cosigner. I didn't go for Sallie Mae because I don't want to make monthly payments. I basically tried all banks. Discover was the 2nd best. Citi gave a ridiculous interest rate. I can't remember where else I tried.

And yea I also found out that they need all supporting documents (transcripts) to register you for proper classes and give you credit. But I wonder if we can atleast choose the timings for labs and stuff? Because I got an email saying that class schedules will be up on Aug 20th. Does that mean we have no say in how we want our schedule to look like?

Does anyone know if Albany pays for rotation sites?

Graduated 2012. Want to sell old notes. PM if interested. Best offer.