Chopianista

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
DrKitty said:
What does it mean? Is this equivalent to eventual rejection? :oops:
No, not necessarily. I was placed on pre-interview hold last month and I was offered an interview invitation last week (to interview as early as late December). So, don't lose hope!

DrKitty

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Chopianista said:
No, not necessarily. I was placed on pre-interview hold last month and I was offered an interview invitation last week (to interview as early as late December). So, don't lose hope!

Good to know, thank you for the info :)

About the Ads

Seagal

15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Chopianista said:

That is good to know!!

:love:

dontstuddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
I was placed in that category there when I applied. I was still taking classes and sent updates of my grades and was invited for an interview later. It's not a rejection.

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
dontstuddy said:
I was placed in that category there when I applied. I was still taking classes and sent updates of my grades and was invited for an interview later. It's not a rejection.
Really? Well I guess that's somewhat encouraging.

I'm on hold too, but when I called and asked them about it (only a few days ago, although I was put on hold several weeks ago) they told me it was more if they didn't get to interview the number of candidates that they wanted to because of people withdrawing pre-interview. I wonder if that's accurate or not.

bootz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2005
Stumptown
Status
The committee hasn't even seen my app yet so I guess you could say that I was in pre-interview hold. ;)

preetster

resident
10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How long did it take for Albany to review your applications? I think I was complete a few weeks ago but I haven't heard anything yet.

DrKitty

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
preetster said:
How long did it take for Albany to review your applications? I think I was complete a few weeks ago but I haven't heard anything yet.

It was pretty fast, about 3 weeks

preetster

resident
10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
good to know...thanks.

I had a friend last year who also was put on hold and then offered an interview, so you probably have a good chance of getting one.

good luck!

jon0013

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
thats great to know...i was put on that hold i think Nov 2....i should send them an update...

About the Ads