Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of the closest hotel to the school? Also, for those who have interviewed there, who were your interviewers. Any feedback on your experience would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say Crown Plaza in Downtown.. may be expensive. Any other hotels are on wolf road... I have also heard of the motel 6...? not sure I live around the corner so i should know these things...

PS Albany is not that ghetto... some surrounding areas of the school aren't that nice, but I live around the corner and I wouldnt be afraid to walk there at night ( yes I am a petite female) but the city itself is awesome. I have traveled the entire country. Albany is great with access to upstate for awesome hiking, camping, skiing and access to NYC. The city itself is great... not to big not to small... affordable housing within walking distance to school, good bars, washington park...plus lots of schools in the area (SUNY Albany, RPI, Saint Rose, Hudson Valley, Sage, Russel Sage, Albany Law, Albany Pharmacy etc... so there is a young eclectic population of people here) PS I am not on the admissions committee or anything, I was just raised here and I love it, the school is expensive, but u will be happier than at some of the schools I have visited ie NYMC, Albert Einstein, Rochester, Upstate, Buffalo... ttyl

pristine21 said:
I would say Crown Plaza in Downtown.. may be expensive. Any other hotels are on wolf road... I have also heard of the motel 6...? not sure I live around the corner so i should know these things...

PS Albany is not that ghetto... some surrounding areas of the school aren't that nice, but I live around the corner and I wouldnt be afraid to walk there at night ( yes I am a petite female) but the city itself is awesome. I have traveled the entire country. Albany is great with access to upstate for awesome hiking, camping, skiing and access to NYC. The city itself is great... not to big not to small... affordable housing within walking distance to school, good bars, washington park...plus lots of schools in the area (SUNY Albany, RPI, Saint Rose, Hudson Valley, Sage, Russel Sage, Albany Law, Albany Pharmacy etc... so there is a young eclectic population of people here) PS I am not on the admissions committee or anything, I was just raised here and I love it, the school is expensive, but u will be happier than at some of the schools I have visited ie NYMC, Albert Einstein, Rochester, Upstate, Buffalo... ttyl

there is the infamous pediatric neurologist that grills ppl in his interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ed Bove went to Albany MC. He's one of the superhero pediatric cardiac surgeons. (Incidentally Jon Drummond-Webb who just killed himself on boxing day was one of his colleagues in that superhero physician class)

Albany must be really finnicky in their interview decisions. I can get an interview at Duke but not Albany... WTF.

-dope-

passthesashimi said:
there is the infamous pediatric neurologist that grills ppl in his interviews.
hmm, that's interesting, I had him. I didn't realize he was infamous...Boy does he grill ya. I thought I handled it okay, but then again I was waitlisted so maybe not :confused:

I was not a fan of the school and its location. Know your ethical issues. :thumbup: