Albert Einstein College of Medicine Questions and Interview Feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlbertEinstein

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm an MSTP student at Einstein. I (as many students here) have been involved in the recruitment activities for applicants.

First, if anyone here is applying to our MSTP and has questions, I may be able to help. Feel free to send me a PM or post here.

Second, if you have interviewed here this season it would be great to hear your feedback about the interview day, evening before, and your impression of the school and program. Again, feel free to send me a private message or post it here- whichever you feel is more appropriate.

Anything you send me privately will not be passed on to the administration unless you would like it to be.

Thank you in advance and good luck with the rest of your interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed at AE for the MSTP in October and had a great time I must say. First off, I was very impressed with the faculty/student body and how friendly and well-accomplished everyone was. I find it pretty cool that students get a guaranteed studio apartment right on campus for a pretty low price (around 600s/month I believe?). It seemed obvious to me that one could easily be a "happy" student for the 8 years of the program here with such a comfortable support group/atmosphere.

I met with several signal transduction/cell biology researchers and it was very conversational, told them about about my research and vice versa.

The program has a well-integrated curriculum that fuses grad/med courses as seen by MSTP-only courses such as Histology and Anatomy. Overall the visit was great and I would definitely take the opportunity to go here.

One question: Is it required/beneficial to contact the administration regarding status after the interview? It still is relatively early in the cycle and I want to be patient for now and wait, but in due time is this recommended?

Glad to here you enjoyed your time here. Please check your private messages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you post the answer to his question here? I'd be interested in knowing as well, what you think about contacting the MSTP office.

Can you post the answer to his question here? I'd be interested in knowing as well, what you think about contacting the MSTP office.

In short, I unfortunately do not have an answer that is specific to AE and my advice really applies to pretty much any school.

It is likely not necessary to contact the office this early unless you have significant updates to your application. Later on, (especially if you had an early interview) I'm sure that it cannot hurt to e-mail Maria to let her know that you are still interested in the program along with any updates your might have to your application.

Please keep in mind that this is by no means official advice and I am not an official representative of our program.

Good luck.

Are interviews still being conducted with AECOM since there application process extends longer than most into the spring?

My criteria match nicely with the school, and I applied the first day the secondary was available.

Thank you

Interviews are still going on. From what I understand, the final dates are January 7th and 21st. Unfortunately, I am not aware if the final interview invitations have been given out.

Please check your PM for other info.

2012 Bump

Would love to hear feedback on applicants' experiences this year. Again, feel free to PM if you want to keep it private.