1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Alkenes

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Revilla, May 16, 2008.

1. Revilla

Revilla New Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I saw older threads from 2006 dealing with this, but am I correct in assuming it's still true that alkenes and alkynes aren't tested on the MCAT?

2. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    how is that even possible? they play a huge role in organic chemistry. it'd be very surprising to me if they werent, but who knows.

3. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I think it's one of those things where they're not directly tested, but will show up in passages, reactions, etc., etc. so it's important to be familiar with them.

4. Revilla

Revilla New Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. Older threads suggest that reaction mechanisms involving alkenes and alkynes aren't tested, not that they're not mentioned.