All new step 2 ck Qbank - we are still gathering performancec data ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kornnata

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems that the 'all new step 2 ck Qbank' has over 80% of questions in this state of "We are still gathering performance data on this fresh question." I am wondering how Kaplan determines the average when not many people have done these questions. I think they are much harder than the original one. Has anyone finished them yet? Wondering what do you guys think of these questions?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah I was surprised at how difficult the new questions are. There is a very big difference between the new and old questions in terms of difficulty. I like the Step2 score estimator feature.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I was surprised at how difficult the new questions are. There is a very big difference between the new and old questions in terms of difficulty. I like the Step2 score estimator feature.

I could never get the step 2 score estimator to work--did you do anything special for it?

Edit: Never mind: it seems to have shown up since I logged in last.

Last edited:
They're very hard. A lot harder for me than UW.
THANK YOU! OMG I thought it was just me!!! It's the complete reverse of Step 1 for me. Where as on step 1 I would get 48-50% on U world and then get 70-80 on kaplan, now I'm getting 65-70 on Uworld and only about 48% on the new Kaplan!! This is freaking me out! After 3 years of med school it seems like you should have enough information to even guess and get at least 50%!!
I also had the same question of how these "averages" are coming into play on the new Kaplan when at least 95% of the questions say "we are still gathering information on this fresh question"

can someone post an example of a superhard question here.........

without the explanation. just the question & answer choices.

No, because 1) I don't think we're allowed to in the first place, and 2) the answers choices add to the difficulty of the question.

hey domer, thanks for that advice.....did you think the new qbank was not reprsentative, not as good,k or what was teh difference exactly? i have a little under twomonths til step 2 and i aws thinking about starting to do a little bit of world daily. what do you think?

I thought that UW was right on point in terms of difficulty, with the real CK having some more straightforward questions.

QBank was a lot tougher than UW and CK.

what do you all think about using the kaplan qbank for the shelf exams?

worth doing? or better to sitck to UW and master that material?

Does it have good 2nd-3rd order questions like UW had for Step 1?

Also, the explanations were incredible in UW for Step 1 --- how are they for the Step 2? how are Kaplan's ?

Good I came across this forum -- I was consistently getting only 50-60% and freaked out. UW (old questions) were reasonably ok was getting around 72-75... also -- kaplan's questions need a little bit more proof reading -- some questions were plain WRONG -- for example one questions in peds states the scenario of hypernatremic dehydration in a 5 month old and the "correct" answer choice is to give 8L of hypo osmotic fluid!! no weight correction - nothing! They prob. wanted to increase the difficulty since most ppl were finding it too easy. also, most of these questions have misleading information/inconsistent info. to the clinical scenario. that said I would still do these questions since they drive home certain key concepts much better!!!
good luck!