All Nighter Before Test.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumpman87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think if I was to pull an allnight and my test is 2morow at 12:30 pm?? Tha last two days I ahve only gotten like 8 hrs of sleep, and I havent felt sleepy am like wide awake, am thinking If I do I will get back some Monster energy drinks. DO some jumpjacks or something to gte blood going...lol...

Members don't see this ad.

Wouldn't recommended if its for DAT

What do you guys think if I was to pull an allnight and my test is 2morow at 12:30 pm?? Tha last two days I ahve only gotten like 8 hrs of sleep, and I havent felt sleepy am like wide awake, am thinking If I do I will get back some Monster energy drinks. DO some jumpjacks or something to gte blood going...lol...

NOT a good idea bro!!!! I would def not recommend this... I myself tend to cram for exams and it usually works for me. The DAT is different though. Half the battle is being mentally fresh, so you'll have the necessary mental endurance to finish strong. NOt to mention that when youre fresh you move way faster. IMHO anything you "learn" that night will be negated by the questions you miss b/c youre tired.

For your own sake please sleep at least 7 hours. If you want wake up at 9am and start reviewing destroyer. just my 2 cents :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just do it.

I didn't sleep at all before the night of the DAT and I did fine. It's all up to you. You know yourself the best and should know what works for you.

How about pulling an allnighter before the night before the exam. Get a good night sleep the night before the test. If you insist on doing it then do it this way. Allnighters generally are not good because you don't get much info in anyways.

Don't drink energy drinks, but if you have access, take an adderall or dexadrine

Don't drink energy drinks, but if you have access, take an adderall or dexadrine

Yeah... feed yourself drugs... if you have access... can't wait until some of you can write your own scripts.

Would highly advise against an all nighter. Relax! Your brain needs rest!

I would rec. you get some sleep. Personally, I need at least 6 hrs and I had to force feed myself breakfast (carbs) prior to the exam even though I wasn't hungry at all due to nerves. It just helps me think more clearly.

Also with the drug thing... BAD idea. I popped a couple of Vivarin prior to an endocrinology final (granted those are caffeine pills) after pulling an all nighter in college. My heart was racing, my leg was shaking and I was so jittery I couldn't concentrate. I swore I would never do that again... maybe I should have reduced the number I took though ;)

I've pulled all nighters a bunch of times. Not really a good idea but I do well when I do it. In chem 2 To get an A I needed a 94 or above on the final. I studied my ass off and was too worried to go to sleep the night before the exam. I got my 94 and had a 89.9 in the class. Cool prof rounded it up. Anyhow- I know how you feel my nerves usually keep me up late the night before exams.

Get some sleep, you'll be dead during the test if you don't.

Good luck.

i can definitely answer this question for you: do another 4 years of an undergrad and actually learn something this time around.
That will help you more than anything.

i can definitely answer this question for you: do another 4 years of an undergrad and actually learn something this time around.
That will help you more than anything.

Why so harsh?