sexyman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I think they are great but...

is it possible to put them all in a subforum or something? Because now the whole forum is taken over...

EEL08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2006
AZ
Status
Medical Student

is it possible to put them all in a subforum or something? Because now the whole forum is taken over...
It's definitely a little overwhelming to the eyes.

JaggerPlate

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student

I know ... I'm scared:scared:

It is a great idea ... but it is a bit overwhelming.

About the Ads

prionsRbad

Mooooo
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:laugh: I felt the same way when I logged in this morning! At first I was like, damn, who has been posting all night?

It would be great if the mods could put all of those wonderful new threads in a "2007 application and school information" thread. :D

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They'll all get pushed off the front page soon and then just be linked by the sticky up top. But I agree :scared:

phEight

fate, not a pH of 8
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
Pre-Medical
Definitely one of my first thoughts too

DOcat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Status
Yeah Texas...you do love posting in every possible thread, so life would be much easier if there was only one. haha.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
Status
Ok, well think of it this way, do you want to have a different thread for EACH interview date? or everything into one thread? B/c honestly I actually consolidated threads and didn't end up moving much from the 1st page. I actually ended up with about 5-10 NEW threads from the 2nd page on the first page when I did this. Also, not all the threads are on teh first page as some aren't active as of yet I think. Those that aren't active will fall off eventually.

INTERESTING FACT: If you notice you can go back almost a WEEK in threads on the first two pages. You couldn't do that before, that would probably take at least 3-4 pages.

This is a little overwhelming but this is WHAT people are talking about its just a different format that we're trying out. So far I think its a success. If you guys want to organize your own respective threads please do (like starting a interview date post where everyone just copies and pastes into that thread - like with the aacomas verification thread).

Ideas and feedback are appreciated though. :D We're just trying to make things easier for YOU to find and talk with other students about.

EEL08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2006
AZ
Status
Medical Student
Ok, well think of it this way, do you want to have a different thread for EACH interview date? or everything into one thread? B/c honestly I actually consolidated threads and didn't end up moving much from the 1st page. I actually ended up with about 5-10 NEW threads from the 2nd page on the first page when I did this. Also, not all the threads are on teh first page as some aren't active as of yet I think. Those that aren't active will fall off eventually.

INTERESTING FACT: If you notice you can go back almost a WEEK in threads on the first two pages. You couldn't do that before, that would probably take at least 3-4 pages.

This is a little overwhelming but this is WHAT people are talking about its just a different format that we're trying out. So far I think its a success. If you guys want to organize your own respective threads please do (like starting a interview date post where everyone just copies and pastes into that thread - like with the aacomas verification thread).

Ideas and feedback are appreciated though. :D We're just trying to make things easier for YOU to find and talk with other students about.
The first day it was overwhelming. I got used to it very quickly. Thanks!

doinmybest5840

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2007
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't really care for the new set-up. I don't even like coming to this forum anymore because there's just a ton of threads about individual schools, the majority of which I didn't apply to or am not interested in. I guess it's good for space-saving, though... so whatever.

Mastashake

Dr. John Zoidberg, M.D.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
La la land...
Status
Pre-Medical
I think we should have only one thread on this entire site. Move all discussions there.
This is a great idea. And then in that thread, we can have links where you sort out the different posts by their individual sub-topic. And you can create your own new subtopics in this thread and... wait... never mind. :)

BTW, all of the class threads are in a sub-forum in the Ostopathic and Allopathic lounges. I know mods HATE being told what to do, but would it be hard to set that up here?

About the Ads