Allo thread versus Pre-allo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arierty

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, I just had an observation of how much more obsessed we are before getting in... the allo thread had 20 some viewers while we have 150 some! Not to mention it takes three pages to get to threads not used since yesterday on our thread, but yesterdays and todays threads are still on the same page on the allo thread.

Members don't see this ad.

this is a thread - what you're trying to compare are the allopathic and pre-allo forums ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Allo students are too busy to be posting all the time.

Yea, i think pre-allo people just have more information they want and more information they share. Its also very social in here, so that's why there are so many people. But yea, most med students are too busy to post anway, except for a few like exmike who is ultra helpful to everyone.

how i long for the pre-allo days of carefree posting.........................

arierty said:
Wow, I just had an observation of how much more obsessed we are before getting in... the allo thread had 20 some viewers while we have 150 some! Not to mention it takes three pages to get to threads not used since yesterday on our thread, but yesterdays and todays threads are still on the same page on the allo thread.

Well half of applying premeds dont get into medical school.

MEG@COOL said:

yea, thats the spirit! :smuggrin: :thumbdown:

MEG@COOL said:
This statistic does not apply to premeds who frequent SDN, which is obviously not official but I think significant nonetheless. I would venture to say it is significantly higher for us--any guesses? I'll start with 2/3. I find it hard to believe that the fact that we come here has no correlation to our premed success, not necessarily bc of SDN but because of our nature that makes us come here.

Shredder said:
This statistic does not apply to premeds who frequent SDN, which is obviously not official but I think significant nonetheless. I would venture to say it is significantly higher for us--any guesses? I'll start with 2/3. I find it hard to believe that the fact that we come here has no correlation to our premed success, not necessarily bc of SDN but because of our nature that makes us come here.

There tends to be a debate over whether SDN hurts more than it helps.

However, I will have to admit that SDN tends to attract more of the upper eschelon applicants than one might think.

Then again, these are the people that go looking for information so I guess that it makes sense.

exactly........plus, you'll soon see that right now, all you do is try, try, try, and try so hard to get in.

Once you're in, all you do is complain once it really starts to hit the fan:D....

im gonna go with the time restraint theory on this one.

It's not just about time, it's also about the waiting. If you're checking email 57 times a day and wondering obsessively what your chosen school is doing, you're already at the computer and might glean some shred of info here.

Also, I bet some people leave SDN open and themselves logged on in the background while they do work. In med school, you're less likely to park in front of your computer for hours on end.

beep said:
It's not just about time, it's also about the waiting. If you're checking email 57 times a day and wondering obsessively what your chosen school is doing, you're already at the computer and might glean some shred of info here.

Also, I bet some people leave SDN open and themselves logged on in the background while they do work. In med school, you're less likely to park in front of your computer for hours on end.

sad but true, i've logged more hours (and more posts) on SDN since becoming a med student than when i was just an anxious pre-med. and i still check my e-mail 57+ times a day. its amazing all the wonderful things you can find to distract you from studying.