Aloe Vera Drinks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrightLight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you been asked by customers about those aloe vera drinks like the one shown here?
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/fruit-of-the-earth-aloe-vera-juice/ID=prod6011869-product

Customers ask me what those drinks are for. I cannot find sound data for any medical uses, except that they are reportedly used for constipation, acid-refulx, and inflammatory-bowel disease. Anyone here familiar with aloe vera drinks?

Members don't see this ad.

Aloe Vera drinks as far as I know are mostly used for constipation due to the glycosides on the leaves I believe.

I don't have any data either but as a patient of Ulcerative colitis, I have tried this drink. It tastes horrible and didn't do a think. After one of these, I stopped using it.

I scoured the web before I bought this and found that this one is supposedly the best. Again, no scientific data to prove it.

Members don't see this ad :)
They're popular in Asia. Purportedly they have anti-inflammatory properties; unsure if it's actually true though. The Asian ones taste really good, so I think they're popular for the flavor rather than medicinal benefits.