alpha epsilon delta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rikio

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many of you are part of alpha epsilon delta?

Members don't see this ad.

got in, didn't join

but from what i've heard, its a good society if u play ur cards right, meaning ur active in it

hey,

I am actually an officer of one of the chapters.

Are you trying to join?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm currently an officer and was one last year too...

I was service chair, haha! I don't think you HAVE to be in AED though. If there's another club that you like better, get into that and try to get an office.

hey goose, i PM'ed you.. thanks

I'm the President of the ORU chapter of AED; its a really, really great opportunity if you have an active chapter. If you don't, then join up and MAKE it active. Hehe. Seriously, I was very surprised by much faculty and local doctors were willing to help us.

Tri-Beta and some other clubs are good as well; my advice is to join one or two and become as involved as possible to get the most out of it.

I was cracking up when I took the April MCAT at Ohio State. There were all these people wearing AED hats and shirts. Just seemed funny to me.....like they were trying to intimidate other people taking the test....LOL

Originally posted by ESPNdeportes
I was cracking up when I took the April MCAT at Ohio State. There were all these people wearing AED hats and shirts. Just seemed funny to me.....like they were trying to intimidate other people taking the test....LOL

Intimidate? What the heck is AED?

I'm in AED too, although my chapter is not very active, minus a few good speakers we get a year.....I just thought it was odd they were wearing hats and Tshirts. Maybe intimidate is the wrong word....I'd say they were more eager to let others know they were in AED.

Our chapter was inactive and full of pompous jerks. Occasionally we had a good speaker, but otherwise it was an almost total waste of time. The only real reason to join at my undergrad was so that the advisor would see you there, since he was also the head of the premed committee and it was advisable to liberally kiss his a$$/show up to his meetings so that he wouldn't try to screw you on the committee letter.

seems like an ohio thing, when I went to Miami U., almost 1/10 people on the street wear Greet lettler T-shirt, or hat
Guess ohioians have more enthuasiam towards their Fratenity/Sorority

Intimidate? What the heck is AED?

Alpha Epsilon Delta, a premed honor society

My chapter is the typical pre-med club. I went to a couple meetings and it was uncomfortable just being in there.

Like most all pre-med clubs, it was full of gunners sizing each other up. The officers were wound up so tight you could have put coal in their asses and come out with diamonds.

Originally posted by Amit1
My chapter is the typical pre-med club. I went to a couple meetings and it was uncomfortable just being in there.

Like most all pre-med clubs, it was full of gunners sizing each other up. The officers were wound up so tight you could have put coal in their asses and come out with diamonds.

:laugh:

I was community service chair and treasurer. UCI's chapter is fairly active. Luckily our club was made up of pretty smart people who just wanted to unwind and contribute positively to the community. Overall, I though it was a good experience. Not good enough to sport t-shirts and hats everywhere though!

UCI chapter of AED rocks... but i'm biased since i was an officer for 2 of my 3 years. our chapter emphasized having fun as much as getting involved w/ community service and other important things. Although i'm not a gunner... i wouldn't mind having the awesom power of turning coal into diamond, which in the long run could turn out to be very profitable :D