Alright Guys...Let's join forces and help each other!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arvest25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As we all know, it is Interview Season! It's obvious we are all trying to prepare for these nerve-racking interviews, so let's ease the nerves a bit and let's all post possible interview questions that we might have to face! We can all use this to better prepare ourselves for interviews. I think this would be a great resource we could all benefit from!

And for all of you who have already interviewed with schools...Share the love! Don't be afraid to help out another person! That is what's wrong with today's society! We have all forgotten how to "HELP" one another! I don't mind helping someone who is passionate about the career of physical therapy! I plan to become a Huge advocate for this profession because it needs more respect than it is given! So to all my fellow classmates.....I love you all and let's all work together to achieve the goal of "just getting into school" so we can be on our way to helping treat/educate people! And to me, that is what it is all about!

Possible Interview Questions:

Why not medical school or PA school?
Tell me about a time in which you were in a problem and how you solved it.
What don't you like about physical therapy?
What are some issues going on in Physical therapy right now?
What are your strengths/weaknesses?

Members don't see this ad.

Both of my interviews thus far were not typical interviews. They were in groups and the questions were more ladi back and wanted to know about my personality.

What motto do I live by?
What is the best advice anyone has given you?
What would you do if you were in a group and one of your group members was not pulling their weight?
What do I do for fun?

I was asked three questions at Temple, and two questions at RFUMS. They were both 20-30 minutes long.

Don't take this the wrong way, I was in your shoes asking for sample questions about two months ago. And like I am doing now. People gave me some freebies and also directed me to the search function which is where I got all the questions. Anyway, its not that people don't want to help. But new members just need to know how to use the search function (Like I did and many others on SDN has done) and find the sample questions. I threw out some freebies above.

Sorry, i didnt mean to be a dick but when you pointed out that people have forgotten to help one another in today's society just got to me. So then is it wrong of me for saying that this is what the problem is in today's society, people just expect to get help LOL. J/K. Good Luck!!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry, i didnt mean to be a dick but when you pointed out that people have forgotten to help one another in today's society just got to me. So then is it wrong of me for saying that this is what the problem is in today's society, people just expect to get help LOL. J/K. Good Luck!!!!!

No it is not wrong for you to say that because for some people in this world, that is true! But you can't blame those who do because they simply just don't understand! And you can't hold those who don't accountable for that because let's face it, not everyone can learn on the same level you or I can! And for those who didn't have an opportunity to get educated (ex: many people from the slavery days who are still alive) what are they supposed to do? It's easy for one to say "they can get an education just like me" but what if all they know was hard labor? Do you expect a lifetime farmer who barely makes end's meet to sit in the classroom and learn like we do? Some Can, but most can't! And yes, I know several people like this! But I know you were just joking around! I just had this on my mind because I was in a recent conversation about this topic!

I'm a go-getter! I do understand you can search for things, use books, etc. but what is wrong with "asking" people who are going through the same exact process for advice? I love interacting with people! That is what this profession is about....relationships with your patients/co-workers! But hey, thanks a lot for your contribution to the list of questions! Hopefully it will benefit someone in their preparation for the interview process!

Members don't see this ad :)
And by the way, didn't you apply to Alabama State? I applied there too! Have you heard anything from them? I've tried emailing people there about a couple of months ago, but they have never responded. Do you know of anyone to get in contact with?

LMFAO..whew. Im so glad you knew I was playing around. After I read what I posted, I kept on thinking I should take that stuff out.

Yeah I applied ASU. It's only 4 hours away which is very appealing to me. I haven't heard anything from them. I dont think they interview though. I haven't even received a response that they received my app and I applied EARLY. I think they wait until the deadline has passed. Oh yeah, and I emailed them too and they did not respond lol.

Lmao...only Alabama State, lol! But hey, if I get accepted there I just might go! Seriously, the price is very attractive! And maybe it won't give us the education like maybe a WashU would, but hey I look at it from the viewpoint of "it's all about what you put into it!"

Have you visited the school before? If so, what is it like? If we both get accepted man, let's do it! It would be cool knowing someone entering a program.

My interview was very laid back but had very specific questions.

They wanted very detailed answers and detailed examples. We also had three written essays.
1. Ethical dilemma.
2. Best qualities within a group. Worst qualities within a group. How can you improve.
3. Time of adversity and how you overcame it. What did you learn from it.

Hope this helps! Good luck!!

Last edited:
My interview was very laid back but had very specific questions.

1. Leadership. Name a time you were in the leadership position. How did you handle it.
2. When you were assertive but knew when to back down and work together.
3. Place yourself in someone else's shoes. How did you handle it. What did you learn from it. (Thank God for abroad!)
4. A time when you had to find your own research. It wasn't spoon fed to you.
5. A time of ambiguity. The answer wasn't black or white... but gray. That question was a little weird.

They wanted very detailed answers and detailed examples. We also had three written essays.
1. Ethical dilemma.
2. Best qualities within a group. Worst qualities within a group. How can you improve.
3. Time of adversity and how you overcame it. What did you learn from it.

Hope this helps! Good luck!!
Ouch, where was this. I would totally **** my pants if I was asked this.

Have you visited the school before? If so, what is it like? If we both get accepted man, let's do it! It would be cool knowing someone entering a program.

I know it's an HBCU and the ultimate pass rates for NPTE is 89% not sure about 1st time pass rates though. The tuition sure is cheap though, even for out of state residents. I've actually met some people at my interviews that are on here on SDN.

Ouch, where was this. I would totally **** my pants if I was asked this.

I know it's an HBCU and the ultimate pass rates for NPTE is 89% not sure about 1st time pass rates though. The tuition sure is cheap though, even for out of state residents. I've actually met some people at my interviews that are on here on SDN.

lol...bet that was fun! Where all did you apply? And how are you liking Florida State? I visited my fraternity chapter there 3 years ago and had a BLAST! Fun school man, lol!

And those interview questions were Crazy, lol! I'm not sure why schools are making applicants write essays during the interview process! This seems a bit excessive to me!

Yeah, it was pretty scary. She did give us time to think before we answered... which helped a lot. It was at Chatham. The whole interview lasted four hours. For me it started with the written essay, a tour of the building, interview (two applicants one professor) and a mock PBL session. A very long morning.

I applied to a total of four schools. Only two of the schools have interviews. I've heard from three of the four schools that they received my stuff. I submitted my application for Chatham as early decision and got accepted. So I really do not care about the other three now. Haha.

Congrats man! I don't blame you for just going with the first school who accepted you! Heck, that is what I'm gonna do! As soon as a school accepts me, I'm paying the fee and I'm done! lol, but hey I'm not worried! I mean c'mon...who wouldn't want to accept a fine looking young lad like myself, lmao!!!!

As we all know, it is Interview Season! It's obvious we are all trying to prepare for these nerve-racking interviews, so let's ease the nerves a bit and let's all post possible interview questions that we might have to face! We can all use this to better prepare ourselves for interviews. I think this would be a great resource we could all benefit from!

And for all of you who have already interviewed with schools...Share the love! Don't be afraid to help out another person! That is what's wrong with today's society! We have all forgotten how to "HELP" one another! I don't mind helping someone who is passionate about the career of physical therapy! I plan to become a Huge advocate for this profession because it needs more respect than it is given! So to all my fellow classmates.....I love you all and let's all work together to achieve the goal of "just getting into school" so we can be on our way to helping treat/educate people! And to me, that is what it is all about!

Possible Interview Questions:

Why not medical school or PA school?
Tell me about a time in which you were in a problem and how you solved it.
What don't you like about physical therapy?
What are some issues going on in Physical therapy right now?
What are your strengths/weaknesses?

Love this thread!

Has anyone really been asked why not medical or PA school?!? I know that its a common question on the boards but I guess I wouldn't have expected that one on the interview trail.

Congrats man! I don't blame you for just going with the first school who accepted you! Heck, that is what I'm gonna do! As soon as a school accepts me, I'm paying the fee and I'm done! lol, but hey I'm not worried! I mean c'mon...who wouldn't want to accept a fine looking young lad like myself, lmao!!!!

Yeah, it was a pretty easy decision since I go to Chatham undergrad. Haha.

Oh and for sure you're getting in! I mean just from the way you type you so seem like a guy I would go after! Don't worry... I'm a girl. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it was a pretty easy decision since I go to Chatham undergrad. Haha.

Oh and for sure you're getting in! I mean just from the way you type you so seem like a guy I would go after! Don't worry... I'm a girl. :D

Noobblogposter I know you would go after me....but could you catch up? Because I don't stop, lol ;)

What other schools did you apply to?

Oh... I'm pretty awesome.

I applied to three other schools: VCU, SBU, and Toledo. Toledo being the only other one who interviewed.

Nice! I actually had VCU on my PTCAS list until I replaced it with Nova Southeastern! I chose to apply only to 5 schools and I like my chances with all of them!

check your messages

I have had a couple interviews thus far, and most of the questions are very similar to those posted thus far. I also think some questions you may be asked will be specific to the programs you apply to. For example, I also interviewed at Temple University. That school is extremely interested in students who are williing to work well in group dynamics. So the two-three questions that I did get were mainly about group dynamics as it relates to the coursework. The other big question from my interviews had to do with "how well you deal with stress."

Here are some links that I found helpful, because they provided a breadth of information about DPT and health profession interviews in general.
http://healthprofessions.calpoly.edu/interview_questions/physical_therapy.html
http://www.niu.edu/careerservices/handouts/PT_Interview_Questions.pdf
http://www4.samford.edu/groups/cardev/medquestions.html

Hope this helps you. Let me know if the links work or not!;)

A time of ambiguity. The answer wasn't black or white... but gray. That question was a little weird.

The question on ambiguity was ambiguous!! :p Ugh. What a weird question...

Anyway, below you'll see that I attached a word doc of potential PT interview questions. I compiled the list by searching through these forums and on google about a month and a half ago.

None of the questions that are on this list are ones that I was asked, but I only applied to one school that interviewed and it was the same school as noobblogposter, and those questions have already been shared.

But, I hope that at least one person finds the list helpful! :)

Attachments

• Practice PT Questions.docx
    13.3 KB · Views: 187
Yeah, it was pretty scary. She did give us time to think before we answered... which helped a lot. It was at Chatham. The whole interview lasted four hours. For me it started with the written essay, a tour of the building, interview (two applicants one professor) and a mock PBL session. A very long morning.

I applied to a total of four schools. Only two of the schools have interviews. I've heard from three of the four schools that they received my stuff. I submitted my application for Chatham as early decision and got accepted. So I really do not care about the other three now. Haha.

This may be a stupid question but what is a PBL session? haha.

If they go with good looks I'm screwed. <<<kidding. well not really.. maybe. :eek:

This may be a stupid question but what is a PBL session? haha.

Chatham uses Problem Based Learning (PBL) for a good chunk of their courses, so the interviewees got to go through a "mock PBL session" like we would expect if we were in class.

The question on ambiguity was ambiguous!! :p Ugh. What a weird question...

Anyway, below you'll see that I attached a word doc of potential PT interview questions. I compiled the list by searching through these forums and on google about a month and a half ago.

None of the questions that are on this list are ones that I was asked, but I only applied to one school that interviewed and it was the same school as noobblogposter, and those questions have already been shared.

But, I hope that at least one person finds the list helpful! :)

Markel, thanks for your document! I'm looking over it and I'm puzzled by some of them...there have been interviews where they've asked what position you would play on their softball team? and what you would bring to a potluck? Now, I'm not psych major (I am a minor...that should be a help, but it's really not), but I'm trying to figure out the ulterior meaning behind these questions. Or maybe I won't and psych myself out haha.

Markel, thanks for your document! I'm looking over it and I'm puzzled by some of them...there have been interviews where they've asked what position you would play on their softball team? and what you would bring to a potluck? Now, I'm not psych major (I am a minor...that should be a help, but it's really not), but I'm trying to figure out the ulterior meaning behind these questions. Or maybe I won't and psych myself out haha.
To see how quickly you think on your feet. I checked out the document too, and it is right on. I was asked pretty much what is on her document.

To see how quickly you think on your feet. I checked out the document too, and it is right on. I was asked pretty much what is on her document.

I guess that's a useful skill to be able to have :) Well, I'll definitely be practicing!