Alt-Ctrl-Del during USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heisenberg

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happens if you press Alt-Ctrl-Del during USMLE?

Does the computer shut off and your scores are cancelled or do you start all over?

Is it automatic failure if somebody does it?

Members don't see this ad.

heisenberg said:

Does the computer shut off and your scores are cancelled or do you start all over?

I think a big screen comes up and says "what the hell were you thinking?" :eek:

Seriously, don't do it. If you have computer troubles there's usually people there to fix it quick, but I'm pretty sure that the time comes off your break time (or question time if you're out of break time). That and it'll be reported to the NBME as an irregularity.

Really the only time you should be typing anything is when you type in your ID code at the beginning or when you come back from break. After I did that I put the keyboard safely out of the way.

heisenberg said:

I'm sure they've thought of this already and have blocked those keystrokes (not very hard to do). Also there are cameras watching you...

heisenberg said:

All the files you were working on might be lost :eek:

crash.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't tempt fate. While I was taking Step I, I met two people who had computer trouble and could do nothing but wait in the lounge area while the staff struggled with the computers just to get the test going again, let alone hoping that all the questions answered so far weren't lost. One of these guys was taking Step III.