Alternate admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notaquitter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got wait listed for pharmacy school...what should I do next? Jump off a bridge

Members don't see this ad.

I got wait listed for pharmacy school...what should I do next? Jump off a bridge

i was on the alternative list for a school for about 2-3 weeks and then admissions took me of and accepted me. there is hope!!! trust me. make sure you send a letter of intent to the program and any new information ( grades, new volunteer or shadowing, etc) in to let them know that you are interested.

Reactions: 2 users
i was on the alternative list for a school for about 2-3 weeks and then admissions took me of and accepted me. there is hope!!! trust me. make sure you send a letter of intent to the program and any new information ( grades, new volunteer or shadowing, etc) in to let them know that you are interested.
I had a 2.6 and a 53

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you surprised? A 2.6 GPA isn't showing potential. It's not even a good indicator that you can handle pharmacy school. If you can't handle undergrad work, what makes you think pharmacy school will be easier? Raise your GPA.

Even though Larkin is a newer school, admissions standards are still in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Are you surprised? A 2.6 GPA isn't showing potential. It's not even a good indicator that you can handle pharmacy school. If you can't handle undergrad work, what makes you think pharmacy school will be easier? Raise your GPA.

Even though Larkin is a newer school, admissions standards are still in place.
Ur right...i need to work harder and try again

Ur right...i need to work harder and try again

People on SDN are rude and obnoxious. Are you still in undergrad or taking classes? Are u shadowing or doing any volunteer work? Larkin extended its deadline so you have time to show admissions you can work hard. They gave you an interview which means you met whatever criteria they were looking for. Don't give up. Show then you want it.

Reactions: 1 users
People on SDN are rude and obnoxious. Are you still in undergrad or taking classes? Are u shadowing or doing any volunteer work? Larkin extended its deadline so you have time to show admissions you can work hard. They gave you an interview which means you met whatever criteria they were looking for. Don't give up. Show then you want it.

Sorry you can't handle the truth, if you think someone with a 2.6 GPA can handle pharmacy school then you're dreaming.

Reactions: 4 users
Agreed. Show them that you are truly interested and dedicated.

Reactions: 1 users
Well if you gotten an interview in the first place it means that you passed the initial screening that the school has (GPA, PCAT, LOR, etc)

Something could have happened on the day of the interview or something. My guess is that the school already filled up their seats already and/or you probably didn't stick out with the interviewers for some reason and/or their are people with similar stats to yours and they stick out more than you.

Because if your stats were that bad under the school's standards or if you really messed up with the interview, you would have gotten a rejection letter instead of being waitlisted.

So have some hope that someone will go to another school and that you'll be next in line for that seat.

Reactions: 1 user