• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Rxgrrl

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Well...as expected..I didn't get into Nova. I really don't know how to feel. I am an alternate..and they didn't flat out reject me--but I feel that this is still bad--because the majority of the people that NOVA interviews gets accepted (80%).

Does anyone know anything about NOVA's alternate list--are my chances honestly bad now?

I really want honesty--I need to know how to go about my life.

I am really considering teaching..even though the pay sucks here in Texas..it's what I've always wanted to do since I was a kid...Yet, the medical field has always interested me as well--hence pharmacy school. :)

If anyone knows anything about Nova's alternate list--it would be great if you could tell me about it.

Thanks for reading.

PharmDJH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Well...as expected..I didn't get into Nova. I really don't know how to feel. I am an alternate..and they didn't flat out reject me--but I feel that this is still bad--because the majority of the people that NOVA interviews gets accepted (80%).

Does anyone know anything about NOVA's alternate list--are my chances honestly bad now?

I really want honesty--I need to know how to go about my life.

I am really considering teaching..even though the pay sucks here in Texas..it's what I've always wanted to do since I was a kid...Yet, the medical field has always interested me as well--hence pharmacy school. :)

If anyone knows anything about Nova's alternate list--it would be great if you could tell me about it.

Thanks for reading.

Was wondering when you had an interview and what your stats are like because i'm waiting to hear back from them

Rxgrrl

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
My interview was on January 18th at the Ft. Lauderdale campus.

My overall GPA was a 3.3.
Science..only a 3.0
And my PCAT is what hurt me--only a 41%:oops: :(
I have 9 yeas experience in the health care field--working for my grandfather who is a MD doctor (family practice)
I also have a BS degree (major Biology/minor Chemistry)

I was lucky to get an interview with NOVA--with my low PCAT scores..I am stil hoping that LECOM interviews me--that's the only chance I have now I guess..

I just need to know what the chances are of being pulled off the alternate list at NOVA..

I'm sure you got in..I really hope you did..

Good luck! :luck:

About the Ads

cdpiano27

15+ Year Member
May 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
Can you take the PCAT again, and tell them that you will send the scores to them once you get it. I am sure if you just study you can get higher than 41%.

The averages at NOVA are GPA 3.5 and PCAT around 80, so yes, you are lucky to get an interview.

But NOVA looks a lot at health care experience, so that helped you a lot.

I think a PCAT around 70 would have gotten you in.

PCATtaker

Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
Hollywood, Fla
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Can you take the PCAT again, and tell them that you will send the scores to them once you get it. I am sure if you just study you can get higher than 41%.

The averages at NOVA are GPA 3.5 and PCAT around 80, so yes, you are lucky to get an interview.

But NOVA looks a lot at health care experience, so that helped you a lot.

I think a PCAT around 70 would have gotten you in.

You would have been guaranteed in Nova with a score around 70. Especially with the experience you have in health care. They want people who know for sure what they want to do and if this is right for them. So I'm sure they must have gotten that from you in the interview but the thing that scared them away was your score. Just take it again next year and I'm sure you'll do better and you'll be in without a doubt.

ageldred

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I don't know how the alternate list works at Nova, but I hope you get in. Did you take the Jan PCAT? If you did that score will be considered too. Only a few people have interviewed at the University of Florida so far so I bet a lot of people that were accepted at Nova will go to UF if they get in there....freeing up space on the alternate list. Best of luck to you! Hope to see you there next year.

UCIGUY

Dispensing Machine
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Long Beach, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I was there on 2/13 and from what the girl who give our little pharmacy group the tour, about 120 students have been accepted so far. She did say that a good number of people from the alternate list got in, so keep your hopes up.

The funny thing was that there was only 4 pharmacy interviewees vs ~12 OD interviewees, so yea, our group felt outnumbered. But we got the tea and cookies on our side.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.