Alternate List/PLAN B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MayaRx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So being on the alternate list doesnt classify you as anything. It really feels like just waiting to hear an interview, what a process! Anyways for those of you, who have graduated like myself with a science degree. What are you guys doing now? I mean an alternate list doesn't give you the yes or no until enrollment. Is there anyone getting their masters. I am contemplating about that, because I really dont want anything else to do with science other than pharmacy school , and call me completley crazy I was thinking about switching to business, or I mean getting another degree. This uncertainty of having no real big job, or not knowing if you are ever going to get into pharmacy school can really be a huge slap in the face. So summer is almost over, and I have no Plan B and I am completley confused. I guess I am just going to consider I am not in, but i need to make a big step in finding a decent job with a decent salary which i think none with my fabulous degree in the sciences will provide me with. Any ideas, of what other people are doing, i would love to hear.

Members don't see this ad.

MayaRx said:
So being on the alternate list doesnt classify you as anything. It really feels like just waiting to hear an interview, what a process! Anyways for those of you, who have graduated like myself with a science degree. What are you guys doing now? I mean an alternate list doesn't give you the yes or no until enrollment. Is there anyone getting their masters. I am contemplating about that, because I really dont want anything else to do with science other than pharmacy school , and call me completley crazy I was thinking about switching to business, or I mean getting another degree. This uncertainty of having no real big job, or not knowing if you are ever going to get into pharmacy school can really be a huge slap in the face. So summer is almost over, and I have no Plan B and I am completley confused. I guess I am just going to consider I am not in, but i need to make a big step in finding a decent job with a decent salary which i think none with my fabulous degree in the sciences will provide me with. Any ideas, of what other people are doing, i would love to hear.

If I were you, I'd find myself a job with the degree I've had or continue working at the pharmacy if you're serious about getting into the pharmacy school. You might consider becoming a certified technician because the salary is a bit higher (if that is what you concern). If your goal is to become a pharmacist, then I think you need to continue seeking for it. I feel for you cuz I'm also on the waitlist for MUSC and it really bothers me too. They said that someone had to apply 3 or even 4 times before they could get in. So don't be discourage and be patience, you'll never know :) Keep trying, I know you can make it!!! ( i'm trying to help myself be patience too :p )

I hope it helps a bit. Wish you luck!

Wow, your on the W.L. too, i havent heard anything yet. I try calling them, but now they are not picking up the phones. Yeah this is my third time....