angelil_yu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
WPB, FL
Visit site
Status
Just received a letter couple of days ago saying that I was put in the alternate list for Fall 2005 Pharmacy program at Midwestern University, Glendale. Took the interview a week before receiving the letter and seemed that they've been packed up for this Fall.

Does anyone of you who were interviewed somewhere in January also get the alternate position?

Thanks

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
angelil_yu said:
Just received a letter couple of days ago saying that I was put in the alternate list for Fall 2005 Pharmacy program at Midwestern University, Glendale. Took the interview a week before receiving the letter and seemed that they've been packed up for this Fall.

Does anyone of you who were interviewed somewhere in January also get the alternate position?

Thanks
I was placed on the alternates list from my interview at the end of November for MWU-CCP. I know with CCP, if you are placed on the alternates list, they encourage you to write a letter to the adcom stressing your strengths. Not sure if it is the same at CPG, but I would call them to find out.

Roxicet

warning: I'm addictive!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
I woke up between a memory and a dream
Status
Pharmacist
angelil_yu said:

Thanks
I doubt that next year's class has been filled up...there's still February and March interviews scheduled as follows, and I'm not sure if there will be more interviews in April (I know this b/c we've been asked to volunteer to be tour guides on any of these dates):

Friday, February 11, 2005
Monday, February 21, 2005
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Friday, February 25, 2005
Monday, February 28, 2005
Tuesday, March 1, 2005
Wednesday, March 2, 2005
Thursday, March 3, 2005
Friday, March 4, 2005

I'm sure things have changed very much since last year, but last year we were told that we'd get an acceptance, alternate, or rejection letter soon after the interview, and if you are placed on the alternate list early on, you have a good chance of getting accepted towards the end of the interview cycle after other candidates have been interviewed. :luck:

About the Ads

2tran

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
Status
Is an alternate list like a waiting list? If someone drops out, you get in????

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
2tran said:
Is an alternate list like a waiting list? If someone drops out, you get in????
Pretty much. After the class is filled, if someone drops (circumstances arise preventing he/she from matriculating, decides to go to another school, etc), the adcom then reviews applicants from the alternate list to fill the empty position(s).

OP
A

angelil_yu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
WPB, FL
Visit site
Status
FutureRxGal said:
I was placed on the alternates list from my interview at the end of November for MWU-CCP. I know with CCP, if you are placed on the alternates list, they encourage you to write a letter to the adcom stressing your strengths. Not sure if it is the same at CPG, but I would call them to find out.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to call them ASAP because with all the school schedule, it is quite hard for me to call them in weekdays. But, I will try for my future. :)

About the Ads