alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTprepharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it means to be on the alternate list. I got in the alternate list after my interview and wondering what are the chances of ultimately getting in while on the alternate list. Is there anyone else on the alternate list in pharmacy schools. My is with Touro.

Members don't see this ad.

i think it means that they will call you when someone who is accepted decides not to go there. so basically you have to wait until april or even longer to find out if you're in or not. if you're stats are decent, then i think you will get in....but if you're at the border line with a 3.0 and 70 pcat, then i dont know. dont feel so bad...i got waitlisted at every school i interviewed at. so im just praying that at least one school will call me now... the wait sure sucks though.

I have also been waitlisted at one school I interviewd at. Another school it has been almost a month and a half since I interviewed and I haven't heard anything back. While a wait list is not what I wanted it is still much better than an outright rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what it means to be on the alternate list. I got in the alternate list after my interview and wondering what are the chances of ultimately getting in while on the alternate list. Is there anyone else on the alternate list in pharmacy schools. My is with Touro.

Your chances? It depends. Are you high, medium, or low alternative?

Your chances? It depends. Are you high, medium, or low alternative?

I am in the high alternate list. So do you know my chances while in the high alternate list? Please reply. Are you on the alternate list too?

Be patient as you probably won't get off the list if at all until people start turning your school down. That could mean that you could have to wait as long as the week before classes start before getting off the waitlist. In the meantime, just move on with your other schools if applicable.

From what I understand, Mr. Davis said that people in the high alternate have a good chance of being accepted. So I would keep up with Mr. Davis's advice and update Touro about any "good news."

4 interviews, 4 wait alternate lists. Better than a no, but just about the most frustrating thing in the world. Hopefully my chances are pretty good that I'll get at least 1 out of 4. still waiting to hear from 5 more schools that start interviewing in jan/feb

From what I understand, Mr. Davis said that people in the high alternate have a good chance of being accepted. So I would keep up with Mr. Davis's advice and update Touro about any "good news."

Are you on the alternate list at Touro also. HOw you know Mr. Davis?