Alternate vs. Waitlist

Started by UIUCKines
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UIUCKines

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

After interviewing with Mayo back in November I received notification of being put on a waitlist during the same time others got acceptances or rejections. Recently, I was notified that the class is filled and that I am now on an alternate list and will be further considered if a spot opens up between now and August. They said they anticipate several people to get off the alternate list. My main question is whether or not everyone on the waitlist gets moved up to the alternate list, or do schools usually filter out and make the alternate list more selective. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!