Alternative List for Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got put in the alternative list for the fall 2007 admission in UF. I am very dissapointed as UF is the only school I applied to. Can anyone give me any feedback on what are my chances of getting in? I did my undergraduate at UF.
Here are my stats
Science and Math GPA: 3.58
PCAT : 79
Overall GPA: 3.7
Have lots of Volunteering Experience, but I have never worked as a Tech.

The letter said they will check spring grades. Will they place a lot of emphasis on Spring grades? My spring grades are not that good. I think I will get mostly B's, and I will have a withdrawal in one class. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Also there is no ranking as of yet. They probably wont make one. So I dont really know where I fall in the list. Is anyone else in alternative list for UF?

Members don't see this ad.

I got put in the alternative list for the fall 2007 admission in UF. I am very dissapointed as UF is the only school I applied to. Can anyone give me any feedback on what are my chances of getting in? I did my undergraduate at UF.
Here are my stats
Science and Math GPA: 3.58
PCAT : 79
Overall GPA: 3.7
Have lots of Volunteering Experience, but I have never worked as a Tech.

The letter said they will check spring grades. Will they place a lot of emphasis on Spring grades? My spring grades are not that good. I think I will get mostly B's, and I will have a withdrawal in one class. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Also there is no ranking as of yet. They probably wont make one. So I dont really know where I fall in the list. Is anyone else in alternative list for UF?

Not really sure but I do know someone else that is on the alternate list also from UF. I would suggest you try calling Penny Fultz and ask her any specific questions you may have. As for spring grades- I would study as hard ass you can in these last few weeks hoping you can pull off some higher grades. But I don't think B's will be the end of the world-- I got in , but I have to keep a B average in my remaining courses so I wouldn't stress too much. Def call the COP and ask tho! Good lucK!

Did they tell you when you may hear from them?

I am not on UF's alternate list, but I did have two questions for you gatorboy. When did you take the PCAT? Also, did you graduate from UF yet and what is/was your major? I am still waiting to hear from UF. I e-mailed Penny to get the status of my application Tuesday and haven't heard yet.

Here are my stats:
*Pre-req GPA- 3.85
*PCAT- 85
*BS from UF with major in psychology, minor in sociology (2004)
*Volunteer work, but never worked as a pharmacy tech either
*I work as a legal assistant at a personal injury law firm currently

I am on the hold list at Buffalo, so I know how it feels. Hang in there and best of luck to you getting in! I am with ladiejay...study as hard as you can for the remainder of the semester to pull your grades up as high as possible. I have no idea how the alternate list works, but hopefully it will help you in getting a higher position on that list if it is ranked. I also recommend calling COP to find out more information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. I ll try my best for the spring semester, and see what happens. I took my PCAT on January, and I am a pre-pharm major. I am doing 2 years of undergrad.
2004 gator, I think its kind of weird you have not heard back from UF. Your stats look pretty good. If they send out letters to all the alternative lists, then you should have heard by now. Since they interview alternative list people at last. Try calling them again and see if you have any problems with your application, and check on Pharmcas just in case.

yay, I got an interview letter at the gainesville campus on April 20. They reviewed my application and offered me for an interview. Whoever is in the alternative list please dont give up. I have heard they accept 10-15 people from the alt. list, because usually 10-15 people drop out.
And they also move people out of the alternative list and call them for interview, if they feel out of the people they are interviewing some people might drop out. I guess that is what happened in my case. Anyways I am very excited and relived with this.