Alternative pathway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mo991

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
I am currently a PGY4 radiology resident plannig to come to the states.
Next year, I planned to move to France and do a year and a half IR fellowship (finishing in may 2022).
What are my best hopes to practice in the US? Go alternative pathway or restart residency?
My fiance also plans to go with me, she is a PGY2 internal medicine resident at an ACGME accreditated program.
Step 2 is planned on 25 days, step 1 in Feb.
What do you thing the best option is?
Every help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm just curious, what makes you want to move to the States? Things aren't great here -- the entire west coast is on fire, we have a wanna-be authoritarian president who is trying to run the country into the ground like he does all his businesses, and Covid is raging.

Not trying to make this a political thread, just genuinely curious what makes moving from Europe to America and appealing choice.

Although France is a good option for me, my fiance will have problems getting a good position (different programs etc)
I am not currently in europe, i will move to France next year
I am just trying to discover all my options before taking a decision

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm just curious, what makes you want to move to the States? Things aren't great here -- the entire west coast is on fire, we have a wanna-be authoritarian president who is trying to run the country into the ground like he does all his businesses, and Covid is raging.

Not trying to make this a political thread, just genuinely curious what makes moving from Europe to America and appealing choice.

He'd make way more in the states