Alternatives to Epocrates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enanareina

small but scrappy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been disappointed with epocrates PDA software? I have the free version, which is the rx program without the diagnostic tool or the ID stuff. I have found that I can't really find out what formulations a drug comes in (for example, oral clindamycin is 75 mg/5 mL) without pulling out my Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a better program available (for Pocket PC)? Or are you able to use ePocrates to your satisfaction?

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

I use the skyscape pda software. DrDrugs is their program. Their stuff was a little expensive at first, but well worth it in my oppinion. Their version of 5mcc, lab data programs, encyclopedias are great because they are all cross referenced between programs!
Just remember you get what you pay for, so when its free you wont get as much as a program you pay for!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have found that I can't really find out what formulations a drug comes in (for example, oral clindamycin is 75 mg/5 mL) without pulling out my Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia.

Check under the name of the drug. Under the trade name Cleocin it should say 75, 150, 300: 75/5ml susp.