Aug 23, 2016
Status
Non-Student
Hey Guys! CA Resident hoping to get into a CA DO program (like everyone else and their mom)...I have shadowed (100+ hours) and done research (coming up on 2 years) with a Western DO Program Alum (Served as student body president during his time at Western)...How would a LOR from him play a role in my app? Would it prove to have be extremely beneficial? He's also the current director of a Peds residency training program

samac

2+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Extremely beneficial? Nah. A little helpful? Sure.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
They can help.

Hey Guys! CA Resident hoping to get into a CA DO program (like everyone else and their mom)...I have shadowed (100+ hours) and done research (coming up on 2 years) with a Western DO Program Alum (Served as student body president during his time at Western)...How would a LOR from him play a role in my app? Would it prove to have be extremely beneficial? He's also the current director of a Peds residency training program

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Most DO's from Western end up staying in socal, so its not very difficult to find them and get a LOR tbh.