alumni reference.....such a thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VenusFlyTrap

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...I just wanted to know if there was such a thing as an alumni reference? I know a dentist that went to "X" school and i've worked with him as a dental assistant for 3+ yrs when I did my undergrad......I am getting a LOR from him but am wondering if I can/should get another letter for school "X" that says something about him being an alumni. Thank you......I wish all the 2008 applicants the best of luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
to answer the OP's question... just a simple LOR is fine. the school will know your LOR writing dentist is an alumni..especially if he or she holds some weight at the school.

just remember, always use any possible connections you have to your advantage! you never know when they will give you that extra little push..

best of luck, jb!:)

Hi guys...I just wanted to know if there was such a thing as an alumni reference? I know a dentist that went to "X" school and i've worked with him as a dental assistant for 3+ yrs when I did my undergrad......I am getting a LOR from him but am wondering if I can/should get another letter for school "X" that says something about him being an alumni. Thank you......I wish all the 2008 applicants the best of luck.

Let your dentist know that you are applying to his dental school, and ask him if it would be okay to send a separate letter to the school on your behalf.

Thanx for the replys