Am I a Re-applicant?

Started by nairopil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nairopil

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last cycle, I applied to 1 school (it was local, and I wasn't able to move for family reasons). This cycle, I'm applying very broadly, but I keep hearing how much being a re-applicant is going to hurt my application. So my question is, is there something on AMCAS that indicates I am a re-applicant, or am I only a re-applicant to the 1 school I previously applied to?
 
What he said^

Apply broadly, like you said. I wouldn't mention the failure your last application cycle unless asked. It may not be looked upon as good judgement to have applied to only one school.