Am I allowed to write anything on my scratch paper b4 timer starts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dentista08

looking for a practice!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering.. I'm super slow at math.. mostly have a problem with sin cos stuff. But i UNDERSTAND it, like cos30deg=tan60deg & cos60deg=sin30deg stuff. But to know that, I need to draw the 30/60/90 triangle and write out all the sin30 cos30 cot30 cos60 tan30 sin30 sin...etc in order to compare them. Would it be wrong for me to write it all out during my break right before i start the RC and use it during the math part?
 
As far as I know - it will be fine.
Dude... at least you have scratch paper.. I will be stuck with dry erase boards.
yeah thats what i meant i have dry yellow laminated sheets and markers, but i get 3 of them, so if i use 1 side for math i will have 2.5 left for rc..
 
During the 15 min tutorial, draw out the PAT Cube Counting table, on another paper, write 1 through 15 for RC for the topics stuff. Hmmm...write out anything you want for math during the tutorial. Be sure not to drink too much water, I had to piss 4x lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During the 15 min tutorial, draw out the PAT Cube Counting table, on another paper, write 1 through 15 for RC for the topics stuff. Hmmm...write out anything you want for math during the tutorial. Be sure not to drink too much water, I had to piss 4x lol.
thank you!! yeah i know about the water.. ill drink tons 3 hrs before but no more right b4 the test and just a few sips during break... 4x!wow how much did u drink??? my bladder is smaller than yours too!
 
Most importantly I think is to draw numbers 1-90 on the sheets... I did that for practice tests. That way I could note for my self which question, and, more importantly, which answer choices I felt doubtful about... That way I could also cross out the ones that are for sure wrong, leave 2-3 choices and circle the question. When I return to the marked questions I don't need to read the choices that are for sure not right.

The second sheet I will leave for calculations in gen chem and notes.

Then before PAT I will quickly erase all answer choices for sciences and start PAT, going the same strategy of marking but using the second board for paper folding and cube counting.

The paper folding grid takes 5 seconds to draw... no point to draw it beforehand.

For RC and QR I don't usually pre-write anything, except for dividing the sheets in halves so that more words fit in (works with my handwriting).. I am using the keyword strategy there.

For QR I usually don't have enough time to recheck the answers =) But I think it might be beneficial to write numbers 1-50 on one laminated sheet and then use that for both RC and QR, while using the 2nd sheet for notes/calculations.
 
Most importantly I think is to draw numbers 1-90 on the sheets... I did that for practice tests. That way I could note for my self which question, and, more importantly, which answer choices I felt doubtful about... That way I could also cross out the ones that are for sure wrong, leave 2-3 choices and circle the question. When I return to the marked questions I don't need to read the choices that are for sure not right.

The second sheet I will leave for calculations in gen chem and notes.

Then before PAT I will quickly erase all answer choices for sciences and start PAT, going the same strategy of marking but using the second board for paper folding and cube counting.

The paper folding grid takes 5 seconds to draw... no point to draw it beforehand.

For RC and QR I don't usually pre-write anything, except for dividing the sheets in halves so that more words fit in (works with my handwriting).. I am using the keyword strategy there.

For QR I usually don't have enough time to recheck the answers =) But I think it might be beneficial to write numbers 1-50 on one laminated sheet and then use that for both RC and QR, while using the 2nd sheet for notes/calculations.
very helpful thank you! I didn't realize you are allowed to write stuff before the time starts ticking. I will definitely do that now!
 
I'm wondering.. I'm super slow at math.. mostly have a problem with sin cos stuff. But i UNDERSTAND it, like cos30deg=tan60deg & cos60deg=sin30deg stuff. But to know that, I need to draw the 30/60/90 triangle and write out all the sin30 cos30 cot30 cos60 tan30 sin30 sin...etc in order to compare them. Would it be wrong for me to write it all out during my break right before i start the RC and use it during the math part?

Personally, and we are all different in the way we do things, i wouldnt try anything new unless i have tested it out on myself in a practice exam. We all test differently so what one person might find useful can be totally useless to u. Do wat U are comfortable with.