Quantcast

Am I competitive for SGU?

Application is now open for MD & PhD 2022 Intake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueyellow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just finished my junior years and I have the following stats:
GPA = 3.5 (science and total)
MCAT = 24 (11-bio, 8-Phy, 5-V)

I have lots of research and clinical experience. I am Involved in a number activites with leadership roles. Really good letters of Rec.

Regardless of the fact that I have a low MCAT score, I am quite attracted to the beauty and the thought of studying medicine on an Island.

Furthermore, even if I re-take the MCAT and maybe bring up my score by 3 points or so, I do not want to wait a year after graduating only to discover that I didn't get in anywhere.

Btw, English is my second language, thus the low verbal score....

If I apply for Fall 08, would I have a good chance at SGU? Man that place looks like paradise!

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just finished my junior years and I have the following stats:
GPA = 3.5 (science and total)
MCAT = 24 (11-bio, 8-Phy, 5-V)

I have lots of research and clinical experience. I am Involved in a number activites with leadership roles. Really good letters of Rec.

Regardless of the fact that I have a low MCAT score, I am quite attracted to the beauty and the thought of studying medicine on an Island.

Furthermore, even if I re-take the MCAT and maybe bring up my score by 3 points or so, I do not want to wait a year after graduating only to discover that I didn't get in anywhere.

Btw, English is my second language, thus the low verbal score....

If I apply for Fall 08, would I have a good chance at SGU? Man that place looks like paradise!

Verbal score is low but, overall, with your numbers you should have a good chance at getting into SGU. If you're not competitive enough for the fall semester apply for the winter term. Good luck.

blueyellow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will I even get an interview or after seeing my Verbal score, I am out the door?

Top Gun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the verbal. But overall your MCAT appears pretty competitive for SGU, as well as your GPA. You'll probably at least get an interview. If you can interview well enough, then you're probably good to go.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.