Medical Am I considered a Canadian or American applicant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1) I'm an American citizen attending undergrad in Canada. I'm not a Canadian citizen. I'm hoping to apply to US medical schools. Would I be considered an American applicant or a Canadian applicant, given that I'm coming from a Canadian institution?

2) Also, my university grades on a % scale out of 100, not a 4.0 scale, is that an issue, or will the schools be able to interpret it?
You will be treated as a US citizen when you apply to medical schools. But unless your folks live in the US, you don't have a state of residence, which puts you at a similar disadvantage to those applying from states without a public medical school.

2) https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...692785e/amcas_grade_conversion_chart_2018.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Reaffirming: US citizen for purposes of financial aid, residency depends on your dependency to your parents and their state of residence as dictated by rules of residency each school/state uses. You should do a fair amount of networking through AMSA and virtual fairs offered by AAMC/AACOM and admissions offices themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.