Am I doing way too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mednight

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I work as a clinical assistant in Radiology in the ED. Honestly, I'm a bit miserable because we do the work that the technologists doesn't want to do(transport the patients back and forth, slide patients to table, complete reports, and answer requests from doctors and nurses through the phone). This is only my forth week there and I feel bad because I told the lady that interviewed me that I was okay working every weekend doing 12 hour shifts. So I work Fri-Sun for 12 hours and 30 min .

I plan on applying to schools that I want to transfer to around July/August/September/October. Its time to work towards my bachelors.

Note that I signed up for 4 classes this summer with one being Biology. I am taking 12 week classes which are condensed into 5-6 weeks. Thank goodness one of professor uploaded all the material on Blackboard two weeks before the class starts. Yesterday I worked on one chapter for 3 hours and tried to fit in an inorganic chemistry chapter for my biology class. If I worked on one Chapter for 3 hours, just imagine how long I would have to study in one day for the other classes.

I emailed the lady at my job responsible for schedules. I told here that I will not be able to work Sunday(through Monday) until 3:30AM being that I have classes that same morning. I sent that email to her 3 days ago and still no reply. She has to be on vacation.

I regret being so desperate for money and a job in a hospital. I agreed to work weekends for 12 hours a day. I am miserable. I'm afraid they won't change my schedule and they will let me go. What should I do? Wasn't signing for a full time job when I knew I would be a full time student dumb? I'll also be a full time student in the Fall and hopefully I receive some admissions decisions during that time.

After this job, I will never work full time while in college.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Coursework has to come first.

Reactions: 6 users
"too much" is entirely relative. I worked 50+ hours a week in the ED as a full time scribe and took 33 credits this past fall (including Chem I (retake to be fair), organic I, and physics I), and 34 credits this past spring including biochem, organic II, genetics, and physics II. I was on the border of completely breaking though, but managed to squeak by with a 3.83. If you feel you can handle it, stick with your job. If not, like the above poster commented, COURSEWORK COMES FIRST. It doesn't matter how good your experience is if your GPA suffers for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
"too much" is entirely relative. I worked 50+ hours a week in the ED as a full time scribe and took 33 credits this past fall (including Chem I (retake to be fair), organic I, and physics I), and 34 credits this past spring including biochem, organic II, genetics, and physics II. I was on the border of completely breaking though, but managed to squeak by with a 3.83. If you feel you can handle it, stick with your job. If not, like the above poster commented, COURSEWORK COMES FIRST. It doesn't matter how good your experience is if your GPA suffers for it.

You are a monster and nobody should be held to your standards lol. As for the OP, no one would blame you for getting fired because you prioritized your classes. On the other hand, doing crappy on classes because you needed the job is far more harmful to your goals. Even if your work ethic is fantastic, the fact is you aren't going to show admissions that you're capable of handling the school's workload.

Reactions: 2 users
It isn't impossible to work those hours and go to school but something will suffer. If you are lucky it will only be sleep and social life but chances are it will be grades too.

It isn't impossible to work those hours and go to school but something will suffer. If you are lucky it will only be sleep and social life but chances are it will be grades too.

You forgot health. Not everyone can handle it. In fact, I'm sure most CAN'T. Youth doesn't make us invulnerable to stress related illnesses. It just takes one mistake, one shutdown, that'll domino and affect your classes, your job, and your health all in one go. Med schools don't just want smart people. They want smart people that can graduate or you are wasting their time and resources. I wouldn't risk it.

Reactions: 1 user
You forgot health. Not everyone can handle it. In fact, I'm sure most CAN'T. Youth doesn't make us invulnerable to stress related illnesses. It just takes one mistake, one shutdown, that'll domino and affect your classes, your job, and your health all in one go. Med schools don't just want smart people. They want smart people that can graduate or you are wasting their time and resources. I wouldn't risk it.
Absolutely correct. I ran into a manifestation of that (stress related cessation of menstruation that gave me an unpleasant pregnancy scare) that was thankfully short lasting. The difference between working full time and working just here and there (that I did my final year) was immense.

34 credits in one semester?? What kind of institution lets you do that lol. That is the worth of two semesters in one. It takes special permission to take over 20 at my school, I cant imagine a dean approving 34 credits...

Absolutely true. I was sick the entire semester with something and was hands down the most miserable I've ever been. But now that I'm through it, it was completely worth it!

34 credits in one semester?? What kind of institution lets you do that lol. That is the worth of two semesters in one. It takes special permission to take over 20 at my school, I cant imagine a dean approving 34 credits...

I go to a university and there is a CC nearby. I took 19 hours at the community college and 18 at the university. Then dropped one of the 3 credit courses that was full of busy work, simply because there literally was not enough time in the day. It sucked.

Didnt mean to hijack OP's thread though. I was in a hurry to get done with school and prereqs (non trad), so I squeezed 2 years into 2 semesters. I probably could've gotten all A's if I had taken a little more time, but I was out of time and money. Do what you can handle, and do NOT let your course work suffer.

edit: added 2nd par

I go to a university and there is a CC nearby. I took 19 hours at the community college and 18 at the university. Then dropped one of the 3 credit courses that was full of busy work, simply because there literally was not enough time in the day. It sucked.

Didnt mean to hijack OP's thread though. I was in a hurry to get done with school and prereqs (non trad), so I squeezed 2 years into 2 semesters. I probably could've gotten all A's if I had taken a little more time, but I was out of time and money. Do what you can handle, and do NOT let your course work suffer.

edit: added 2nd par

That's insane dude, props to you and your hard work!

I worked overnights in radiology during the week while taking mini terms during the day one summer. It was a nightmare. There were some days I didn't get to sleep because I had to study. When you do those kinds of courses, you're not supposed to have a disruptive work/social life. I didn't have a choice but if you do have on every I'd recommend against working that Sunday overnight.

Okay, so I work as a clinical assistant in Radiology in the ED. Honestly, I'm a bit miserable because we do the work that the technologists doesn't want to do(transport the patients back and forth, slide patients to table, complete reports, and answer requests from doctors and nurses through the phone). This is only my forth week there and I feel bad because I told the lady that interviewed me that I was okay working every weekend doing 12 hour shifts. So I work Fri-Sun for 12 hours and 30 min .

I plan on applying to schools that I want to transfer to around July/August/September/October. Its time to work towards my bachelors.

Note that I signed up for 4 classes this summer with one being Biology. I am taking 12 week classes which are condensed into 5-6 weeks. Thank goodness one of professor uploaded all the material on Blackboard two weeks before the class starts. Yesterday I worked on one chapter for 3 hours and tried to fit in an inorganic chemistry chapter for my biology class. If I worked on one Chapter for 3 hours, just imagine how long I would have to study in one day for the other classes.

I emailed the lady at my job responsible for schedules. I told here that I will not be able to work Sunday(through Monday) until 3:30AM being that I have classes that same morning. I sent that email to her 3 days ago and still no reply. She has to be on vacation.

I regret being so desperate for money and a job in a hospital. I agreed to work weekends for 12 hours a day. I am miserable. I'm afraid they won't change my schedule and they will let me go. What should I do? Wasn't signing for a full time job when I knew I would be a full time student dumb? I'll also be a full time student in the Fall and hopefully I receive some admissions decisions during that time.

Well, If you can study really FAST like me, you can read the whole textbook in 5 seconds

Members don't see this ad :)
I commend you. How did your college allow you to take over 18 credits for one semester?

I emailed the lady in charge of scheduling. I sent it to her 4 days ago and no response. Nine times out of 10 she's on vacay. I'll give it until next Tuesday for her to respond, so I'm just exploring my options right now.

Yeah working Radiology is a complete nightmare and I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. I'd rather work at a private practice than in the ED.

Also, I'm afraid of not getting any sleep because I go to school on all of my off days of work, so I must sleep.
I worked overnights in radiology during the week while taking mini terms during the day one summer. It was a nightmare. There were some days I didn't get to sleep because I had to study. When you do those kinds of courses, you're not supposed to have a disruptive work/social life. I didn't have a choice but if you do have on every I'd recommend against working that Sunday overnight.

Doubt this story is even remotely true as just spending class and work time would be enough to have no hours of sleep. Sounds like the good old SDN flexing.

Anyone that reads this story and does this will end up with a disaster on their hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
The reading part isn't bad. I skim through and look for bold letters, italics, graphs/charts, etc. When it comes down to writing these things out, it's very time consuming in which it's supposed to be and it takes me 3 hours to study/review one chapter.
Well, If you can study really FAST like me, you can read the whole textbook in 5 seconds

I'm sorry, but I laughed.
Doubt this story is even remotely true as just sending class and working would be enough to have no hours of sleep. Sounds like the good old SDN flexing.

Anyone that reads this story and does this will end up with a disaster on their hands.

Interesting, considering at my university, OCHEM I & II are prerequisites for Biochem so the fact that you took both at the same time is highly suspicious and unlikely at most unless you were somehow able to obtain permission from the university. Also, the spreading out of these classes between the CC and University is unlikely as well considering the course availability for CC is somewhat limited depending on the institution.

I'm not convinced you're entirely being honest here.

If you are, kudos to you; if you're not, please, refrain from inflating your abilities simply to impress strangers on an Internet forum.

Reactions: 1 users

There are 168 hours in a week. Let's be conservative with our estimates:
50 hours working in ED (ignoring the fact that you actually said "50+").
56 hours sleeping and night/morning routines (conservative estimate of 8 hours/day).
24 hours of being in class (Assuming eight 4-credit classes every semester, 3 hrs per class/week, on average)
16 hours of studying for classes/wk (2 hrs per class/week; this is very conservative, considering you said you managed to get a 3.83)

That leaves 22 hours -- roughly three hours a day in order to commute, eat meals, take breaks, relax, exercise, hang out with friends, etc.

In theory, this is possible (if my super-conservative estimates are taken for granted). In fact, I would say that many disciplined people could handle this kind of schedule for a week or two. But for two semesters in a row? And while maintaining acceptable performance at your job and pulling a 3.83?

No one should believe this for even a second.

Reactions: 8 users
56 hours sleeping and night/morning routines (conservative estimate of 8 hours/day).
24 hours of being in class (Assuming eight 4-credit classes every semester, 3 hrs per class/week, on average)
16 hours of studying for classes/wk (2 hrs per class/week; this is very conservative, considering you said you managed to get a 3.83)

That leaves 22 hours -- roughly three hours a day in order to commute, eat meals, take breaks, relax, exercise, hang out with friends, etc.

In theory, this is possible (if my super-conservative estimates are taken for granted). In fact, I would say that many disciplined people could handle this kind of schedule for a week or two. But for two semesters in a row? And while maintaining acceptable performance at your job and pulling a 3.83?

Unfortunately, I had been working about 70 hours per week in addition to being a full time married student that was in the process of buying a house. Plus, I did not care about school at all. These aren't excuses (they were my own decisions), as I should've done better anyways in the first place, but I couldn't afford to just live off of loans. My mistake was living life a little too soon, and I've learned how to compensate for that. I have a full time summer load currently and have cut back on hours, maintaining 100% in my classes (all 3 weeks of them woohoo). If I had made A's the past 2 years and had an upward trend in my grades, I probably wouldn't be posting about lack of direction. I have not had prereqs to even consider the MCAT because of my Exercise Science classes obviously not preparing me for the MCAT.

So, it looks like my plan will be to complete my C, D, F class(es) in the next year and absolutely destroy the classes. Also, I plan on buying some MCAT prep books and making them an appendage of my body. As a scribe, I tend to have some downtime which would be good to fill with studying. I appreciate the input and past experiences. It does give me some sliver of hope.

Well, the guy is married so he probably has no time to spend with his family with that work ethic.

But he says there is a lot of downtime as a scribe...

Yeah working Radiology is a complete nightmare and I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. I'd rather work at a private practice than in the ED.

Also, I'm afraid of not getting any sleep because I go to school on all of my off days of work, so I must sleep.

Tell me about it bro. I've been a tech for 8 years. And I've never had a tech assistant. My back is permanently wrecked...

Interesting, considering at my university, OCHEM I & II are prerequisites for Biochem so the fact that you took both at the same time is highly suspicious and unlikely at most unless you were somehow able to obtain permission from the university. Also, the spreading out of these classes between the CC and University is unlikely as well considering the course availability for CC is somewhat limited depending on the institution.

I'm not convinced you're entirely being honest here.

If you are, kudos to you; if you're not, please, refrain from inflating your abilities simply to impress strangers on an Internet forum.

Maybe they're trolling.

Reactions: 1 users

Don't forget he was also "sick with something the entire semester." Next post he'll also be training in the olympic team that semester

Reactions: 3 users

OP it is possible if you truly need the money like I did in undergrad then it is possible. Yes your grades will suffer but at the same time you will have experience that sets you apart from other applicants. I had lower end of the grades and MCAT but received an acceptance to every school I interviewed at. Looking back I would not have exchanged my experience as a tech for anything because I feel loads more prepared to do patient encounters than most of my fellow classmates. Overall it is up to you to decide how much you can handle but 3 12s is definitely better than 5 8s in my opinion (I did both). Good luck either way you decide to proceed.

This happened everyone.

I'm calling BS. Unless your school is trimesters but you're saying you took double the average courseload including heavy science classes. My undergrad capped our per semester credits at 19.

Edit: read actual posts. Myth busted.

Last edited:
This happened everyone.

I'm calling BS. Unless your school is trimesters but you're saying you took double the average courseload including heavy science classes. My undergrad capped our per semester credits at 19.

He said he took half the classes at CC and half at university, so the credit cap point isn't relevant.

He said he took half the classes at CC and half at university, so the credit cap point isn't relevant.
See edit.

On top of that he claims to work 50 hours. Sorry broski, not fooling me/10

OP it is possible if you truly need the money like I did in undergrad then it is possible. Yes your grades will suffer but at the same time you will have experience that sets you apart from other applicants. I had lower end of the grades and MCAT but received an acceptance to every school I interviewed at. Looking back I would not have exchanged my experience as a tech for anything because I feel loads more prepared to do patient encounters than most of my fellow classmates. Overall it is up to you to decide how much you can handle but 3 12s is definitely better than 5 8s in my opinion (I did both). Good luck either way you decide to proceed.
I truly do need the money. As far as the job goes, it gets very tedious at times and it makes me want to walk out of those sliding doors and go home without looking back. Honestly, I feel like I'm not getting any meaningful experience, I feel like a servant(or "the help"). I know that radiology can be hectic, but there are at least 4 technologist in each study room(cat scan, x-ray) with the exception of ultrasound. I don't understand the need of a clinical assistant if all I'm going to do is transport patients and hurt my back and feet. For some reason, patient transporting around the entire hospital(I've been trained in this department my first week) is better than transporting to radiology areas and back. I don't like to complain, but it sucks there. I want more hands on and interaction ASAP.

I truly do need the money. As far as the job goes, it gets very tedious at times and it makes me want to walk out of those sliding doors and go home without looking back. Honestly, I feel like I'm not getting any meaningful experience, I feel like a servant(or "the help"). I know that radiology can be hectic, but there are at least 4 technologist in each study room(cat scan, x-ray) with the exception of ultrasound. I don't understand the need of a clinical assistant if all I'm going to do is transport patients and hurt my back and feet. For some reason, patient transporting around the entire hospital(I've been trained in this department my first week) is better than transporting to radiology areas and back. I don't like to complain, but it sucks there. I want more hands on and interaction ASAP.

So quit and do something more meaningful. But be warned you're going to need to invest money into a certification which it doesn't sound like you're in the shape for. Also be sure you're ok with poop.

The point of your job is to do stuff technologists don't want to do. If they had to work all day and came home with aching backs/feet, they'd quit and go somewhere where they didn't have those problems. You're job sucks because you're less valuable and easier to replace. Not trying to hurt your feelings, but that's just the reality of the situation. One of the benefits of where you're going with your career is that this won't be a problem for you one day as you'll be the one that's tough to replace.

Wearing comfortable shoes and being VERY aware of my posture (no slouching or leaning forward pushing wheelchairs or beds, only pull like you're doing a row at the gym, don't use your whole body to pull) helped a lot. At one of my more strenuous jobs I also changed shoes halfway through my shift and that felt great. The best feeling was having some OMM performed on me.

If it sucks that much for you then you'll have to find another job. Alternatively, you could stick it out until you get to transfer to another department. ER might be fun because you could start IVs and draw labs and cultures, etc. But keep in mind that no matter where you transfer, you'll be somebody's whipping boy. (You've made it clear that you're in fact female but "whipping girl" just sounds weird to me.)

So quit and do something more meaningful. But be warned you're going to need to invest money into a certification which it doesn't sound like you're in the shape for. Also be sure you're ok with poop.
Yes I need to come up with $200 for a certified medication tech class. I need to start somewhere and with that I'll have more interaction with nurses and the patient. I don't want to do something that isn't meaningful and then have to talk "good things" about my experience if I didn't have a good one. And I'm okay with poop, but I honestly don't want to smell it.

The point of your job is to do stuff technologists don't want to do. If they had to work all day and came home with aching backs/feet, they'd quit and go somewhere where they didn't have those problems. You're job sucks because you're less valuable and easier to replace. Not trying to hurt your feelings, but that's just the reality of the situation. One of the benefits of where you're going with your career is that this won't be a problem for you one day as you'll be the one that's tough to replace.

Wearing comfortable shoes and being VERY aware of my posture (no slouching or leaning forward pushing wheelchairs or beds, only pull like you're doing a row at the gym, don't use your whole body to pull) helped a lot. At one of my more strenuous jobs I also changed shoes halfway through my shift and that felt great. The best feeling was having some OMM performed on me.

If it sucks that much for you then you'll have to find another job. Alternatively, you could stick it out until you get to transfer to another department. ER might be fun because you could start IVs and draw labs and cultures, etc. But keep in mind that no matter where you transfer, you'll be somebody's whipping boy. (You've made it clear that you're in fact female but "whipping girl" just sounds weird to me.)
My feelings aren't hurt, but it's true. 3 people quit within the last month. There are 2 new people and 4 people that have been there for a little over 2 years. Something is wrong there, it just doesn't sit right with me.

My feelings aren't hurt, but it's true. 3 people quit within the last month. There are 2 new people and 4 people that have been there for a little over 2 years. Something is wrong there, it just doesn't sit right with me.
Factoring in that turnover and your previous posts, you may just be in a malignant department. Move on if you can.

Factoring in that turnover and your previous posts, you may just be in a malignant department. Move on if you can.

The patients aren't that bad, it's the tedious work. I feel so unmotivated here. I finally get a job in the hospital surrounded by doctors, nurses, and techs and still have no motivation. Its a shame.

already explained how I was taking what I was taking. 19 credits at the CC and 18 at the university, dropped 1, 3 credit class, to total 34 hours. I had 4 online classes and I mentioned the sciences I was in. To the rest of you calling me out and calling my story BS, @AlbinoHawk DO , please dont discount my year of hardwork, its completely unwarranted. People dont come onto SDN with an original 2.37 GPA to "flex". I don't take sick days. My wife and I couldn't afford it. Appreciate your input though.

I didnt come here to judge anyone, just to give some sincere advice. I also couldn't care less if you believe me. I spent and entire year and 20k in GPA remediation to achieve my dreams of becoming a doctor. Lo and behold AACOMAS rips the carpet out from underneath me and ditches grade replacement, putting me in another year before applying to med school. So the last thing I need is to come on here to give some helpful advice and am called out for no rational reason.

If you wanna call BS go for it. I was literally sick with something the entire semester but did not miss more than 3 classes. I was miserable, but just because I can and you cant, doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I took Ochem I (CC), then Ochem II (CC) and medical biochem (university) concurrently. I had to fight to get signed into every class because I'm and idiot who did an exercise science degree, and had to get deans signatures on everything. My school, and the CC, worked with me to get me signed into everything I needed to complete this in a year. But hey, I dont need to defend myself against SDN, I just need to defend myself against the Adcoms who are gonna see my spotty past and hopefully look past it because of my ridiculous year.

Furthermore, my ED does 10 hour shifts. After my classes ended every day I was in the ED until 2-4 AM (I worked 4-2, or 6-4) and Saturdays and Sundays. The only day I had off was Monday, because of a night class. And as one of the above posters mentioned, there is a ton of down time as a scribe. I would sit there and do the entire semester of online work in a few weeks in the ED, cutting my hours later in the semester for study time significantly.

I want my story to be an inspiration to people who think they cant, because you can. IT CAN BE DONE, I DID IT and am freaking proud of it. I never post on here, and this is why, thanks for the input...d1cks.

This happened everyone.

Edit: read actual posts. Myth busted.

Don't call someone out to try to put yourself above them (especially when you're dead wrong).***

edit: this is why I dont have facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

1) yes 50 +. 10 hours shifts x 5 or more shifts a week======= 50+
2) 56 hours sleeping/morning night routines? Lmao what world do you live in.
3) ...pssstt.....online classes
4) not every class requires the same amount of time. Like my CHEM I retake took MAYBE 1 hour per week of study time. Where as organic took probably 7-8 a week.
5) three hours a day is 0 hours a day on this schedule. Any time I had was spent with my wife. My friends all knew I had this sack of a schedule. That said, Saturday mornings I would make some time to go play ball, thats about it.

So "no one believing this for a second", would be incorrect.

Wow JB50 you're a genuine a** hole. Read your other posts, God help your patients in the future. I already explained how I was taking what I was taking. 19 credits at the CC and 18 at the university, dropped 1, 3 credit class, to total 34 hours. I had 4 online classes and I mentioned the sciences I was in. To the rest of you calling me out and calling my story BS, @AlbinoHawk DO , please dont discount my year of hardwork, its completely unwarranted. People dont come onto SDN with an original 2.37 GPA to "flex". I don't take sick days. My wife and I couldn't afford it. Appreciate your input though.

I didnt come here to judge anyone, just to give some sincere advice. I also couldn't care less if you believe me. I spent and entire year and 20k in GPA remediation to achieve my dreams of becoming a doctor. Lo and behold AACOMAS rips the carpet out from underneath me and ditches grade replacement, putting me in another year before applying to med school. So the last thing I need is to come on here to give some helpful advice and am called out for no rational reason.

If you wanna call BS go for it. I was literally sick with something the entire semester but did not miss more than 3 classes. I was miserable, but just because I can and you cant (lol), doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I took Ochem I (CC), then Ochem II (CC) and medical biochem (university) concurrently. I had to fight to get signed into every class because I'm and idiot who did an exercise science degree, and had to get deans signatures on everything. My school, and the CC, worked with me to get me signed into everything I needed to complete this in a year. But hey, I dont need to defend myself against SDN, I just need to defend myself against the Adcoms who are gonna see my spotty past and hopefully look past it because of my ridiculous year.

Furthermore, my ED does 10 hour shifts. After my classes ended every day I was in the ED until 2-4 AM (I worked 4-2, or 6-4) and Saturdays and Sundays. The only day I had off was Monday, because of a night class. And as one of the above posters mentioned, there is a ton of down time as a scribe. I would sit there and do the entire semester of online work in a few weeks in the ED, cutting my hours later in the semester for study time significantly.

I want my story to be an inspiration to people who think they cant, because you can. IT CAN BE DONE, I DID IT and am freaking proud of it. I never post on here, and this is why, thanks for the input...d1cks.

***comments like this make you an ass. Don't call someone out to try to put yourself above them (especially when you're dead wrong).***

I still don't believe you. But thanks for the compliment :) you do you brosef.

Lol at the bolded.

giphy.gif

Edit: great, not here to impress you. Just to help others

Last edited:
Wow JB50 you're a genuine a** hole. Read your other posts, God help your patients in the future. I already explained how I was taking what I was taking. 19 credits at the CC and 18 at the university, dropped 1, 3 credit class, to total 34 hours. I had 4 online classes and I mentioned the sciences I was in. To the rest of you calling me out and calling my story BS, @AlbinoHawk DO , please dont discount my year of hardwork, its completely unwarranted. People dont come onto SDN with an original 2.37 GPA to "flex". I don't take sick days. My wife and I couldn't afford it. Appreciate your input though.

If you wanna call BS go for it. I was literally sick with something the entire semester but did not miss more than 3 classes. I was miserable, but just because I can and you cant, doesn't mean it isn't possible.

***comments like this make you an ass. Don't call someone out to try to put yourself above them (especially when you're dead wrong).***

I'll entertain your story. How about you show us a copy of your transcripts and paycheck that reflects 50 hour work week? Of course, I understand you'll black out your name and other identifying information. Until then, I remain skeptical.

@taternator77

Hey man, props to you if your story is true. Like you said, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone on this forum except the adcoms. Seeing is believing. It's hard for me to imagine someone taking that amount of load. How did you go from a sub 3.0 GPA to taking 30+ credits and getting As over night?

Wow JB50 you're a genuine a** hole. Read your other posts, God help your patients in the future. I already explained how I was taking what I was taking. 19 credits at the CC and 18 at the university, dropped 1, 3 credit class, to total 34 hours. I had 4 online classes and I mentioned the sciences I was in. To the rest of you calling me out and calling my story BS, @AlbinoHawk DO , please dont discount my year of hardwork, its completely unwarranted. People dont come onto SDN with an original 2.37 GPA to "flex". My wife and I couldn't afford it. Appreciate your input though.

I didnt come here to judge anyone, just to give some sincere advice. I also couldn't care less if you believe me. I spent and entire yea
@taternator77

Hey man, props to you if your story is true. Like you said, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone on this forum except the adcoms. Seeing is believing. It's hard for me to imagine someone taking that amount of load. How did you go from a sub 3.0 GPA to taking 30+ credits and getting As over night?
He didnt

@taternator77

For me, it wasn't an overnight change. I had thought long and hard, and consulted a few physicians I work with about their opinions on my situation before making a decision. My whole college career lacked direction and motivation. I went exercise science to possibly persue OT but realized I wanted to go deeper into medicine.

That's when I knew I had to change. I took 3 months of deliberation over the summer. I consulted SDN at that time and worked out a plan (planning on grade replacememt). I realised that in 6 months student loans would start coming through and best case scenario I would be running Bruce tests at a cardiology lab for $30k a year and drowning in debt. That's unacceptable. I don't have parents that would pay for my school (though god blessem for how much they tried to help) and I was not going to let my poor decisions negatively effect my wife's life regarding debt.

I loved medicine and it seemed to me overloading and working hard was my only way out. We couldn't take out another penny in undergrad loans after I finished that second semester, so I was really backed into a corner. This was my motivation for my schooling and grades. I lived between the library, zaxbys, and the hospital for an entire year because I didn't have another option.

Lord knows I wouldn't show you my transcripts if my life depended on it. Blacking things out still wouldn't erase my annonymity because of the nature of some of my classes. I could get my hands on a paycheck stub next time I go in though. I'll PM it @AlbinoHawk DO.

Jb50 weren't you banned lol? Seems you've got more of a chronic problem on here. You sure do drive other members away. I truly feel for your pts one day.