Am I in the right path?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carboxilic774

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:
I am determined to get into Pharmacy school for Fall 2006, but I am afraid it might be too late now :(
I will be taking tha PCAT on January 06. I am almost done with my pre-pharm courses except Biology (i) now taking it, and Biology II (spring 06).
I will be shadowing a pharmacisty this coming Monday and then I am planning to send my application to volunteer at a local hospital as a pharm-aid.
I am a liitle confused (like many other, I think) about the process with Pharm-cas. Do I have to send them my college transcripts or do they request the transcripts to the college where I am attending right now?
Another question is: can I apply to colleges before even taking tha PCAT. I read somewhere that by doing that you get the chance of sending your application earlier rather than waiting for the PCAT scores.
Thank you and I hope somebody can guide me in the process :)

Members don't see this ad.

CARBON774 said:
Hello:
I am determined to get into Pharmacy school for Fall 2006, but I am afraid it might be too late now :(
I will be taking tha PCAT on January 06. I am almost done with my pre-pharm courses except Biology (i) now taking it, and Biology II (spring 06).
I will be shadowing a pharmacisty this coming Monday and then I am planning to send my application to volunteer at a local hospital as a pharm-aid.
I am a liitle confused (like many other, I think) about the process with Pharm-cas. Do I have to send them my college transcripts or do they request the transcripts to the college where I am attending right now?
Another question is: can I apply to colleges before even taking tha PCAT. I read somewhere that by doing that you get the chance of sending your application earlier rather than waiting for the PCAT scores.
Thank you and I hope somebody can guide me in the process :)

Get a PharmCAS application started immediately. It takes a long time to fill out all of the sections. Depending on the schools you want to get into, the January PCAT may be too late. It is too late for the school that I want to get into. YOU need to have all transcripts from every college you've attended sent in and you need to do that ASAP. Most of the deadlines for these schools is December 1st or early January. I can't stress enough to you that you need to get on the ball Right Now. Start working on a personal statement tonight. It seems that this is the one piece of the application that holds up a lot of us, I know that was the case with me. Everything was done except the personal statement for about 2 months in my case. Research the schools you are interested in to learn about their individual application processes.

Good Luck.

Chris

Thank you for your reply!
I am still a bit confused. you said : YOU need to have all transcripts from every college you've attended sent in and you need to do that ASAP.
so do I actually have to go to my community college and tell them to send official transcripts to PHARMCAS and the colleges I would like to aply to? Or do I just request the transcripts and send them myself.
I know it might be too late for FALL 06 but I am giving 100% of my energy for it. Oh well, if it doesn't work then it will be for 07 and I will use that year off to work as a pharm-tech, get more experience, study and re-study for the pcat and save money. But I am telling myself that this is IT, like if the Jan. opportunity was the last one. Sometimes I work better under pressure!
thank again

Members don't see this ad :)
CARBON774 said:
I am still a bit confused. you said : YOU need to have all transcripts from every college you've attended sent in and you need to do that ASAP.
so do I actually have to go to my community college and tell them to send official transcripts to PHARMCAS and the colleges I would like to aply to? Or do I just request the transcripts and send them myself.
I know it might be too late for FALL 06 but I am giving 100% of my energy for it. Oh well, if it doesn't work then it will be for 07 and I will use that year off to work as a pharm-tech, get more experience, study and re-study for the pcat and save money. But I am telling myself that this is IT, like if the Jan. opportunity was the last one. Sometimes I work better under pressure!
thank again
You have to request that your college sends your transcripts to pharmcas. Schools want this request in writing. So, you don't have to actually go to the school. You can fax or mail you request to them. Good luck!

CARBON774 said:
thank again

They have a transcript request form on PharmCAS that you need to print out and have your school include with the official transcript. Have you started your PharmCAS app yet?

Chris