K

Kristene9

OK so I'm totally ashamed to admit this, but I have MAJOR senioritis, which is not good because I'm taking hard classes.... and with that said you probably know what I'm going to say next..... My grades are not good :scared: I've planned on going to UAB, but am still considering Houston. (I'll make my final decision after I go to UAB's spring visit). I have never made a D. And I've only made 3 Cs and they weren't in important classes. but this is how this semester might end up (at worst)

Biochemistry 2 - D (I made an A in Biochem 1)
Immunology- C
Calculus - C

The only pre-req is Calc. but still! I will have 6 weeks after spring break to pull them up but I am REAL worried. What do yall think? Do you think I might get my acceptance taken away??

ppa93

PCO Class of 2009
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
Kristene9 said:
OK so I'm totally ashamed to admit this, but I have MAJOR senioritis, which is not good because I'm taking hard classes.... and with that said you probably know what I'm going to say next..... My grades are not good :scared: I've planned on going to UAB, but am still considering Houston. (I'll make my final decision after I go to UAB's spring visit). I have never made a D. And I've only made 3 Cs and they weren't in important classes. but this is how this semester might end up (at worst)

Biochemistry 2 - D (I made an A in Biochem 1)
Immunology- C
Calculus - C

The only pre-req is Calc. but still! I will have 6 weeks after spring break to pull them up but I am REAL worried. What do yall think? Do you think I might get my acceptance taken away??
D might hurt you. so try not to get a D. Cs are fine.
Take care

polkadot

let's get physical!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2004
Status
What does your acceptance agreement say? I know my conditional acceptance from SUNY stated I had to achieve a B in any remaining classes and SCCO said a B in any remaining pre-reqs.

Sorry to be a downer, but you should take a look at your matriculation agreements with the schools who have accepted you.

OP
K

Kristene9

I looked and it says I need to make C's or better in the rest of my pre-recs. But I’m definitely going to try to stay out of the D range :scared: ! Thanks for the end put

stompy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
Status
SUNY actually stated that you had to get a B for all remaining classes as part of the requirement?

bigred

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2004
Status
I would just drop the biochem 2 since it is not a prereq. At my undergrad you can change from credit to audit with the signatures of the professor and the department head. I didn't know it was possible after the drop with a W deadline but I changed form creit to audit just before the final in a class a couple semesters back. In case you are unfamiliar with auditing a class, it means you just go to class and don't get a grade at all, not even a W.

OP
K

Kristene9

I can’t get out of the class because I have to have those credits to graduate. I go to a small undergrad and I had to take 2 upper level bio classes to graduate this semester. Well the only easy one was the same time as calc, which I have to take for optometry school. So I was stuck with 2 killer classes :( Biochem 2 and Immunology. I can see how immunology might benefit me in the future, not so much with the biochem. That’s ok though I really think I was just freaking out. I think if I work hard these last 6 weeks I’ll be ok. Thanks for the input!

EyeDr2008

10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Status
Hi! I'm a first year at UAB, so I'll probablly be seeing you at the spring visit this weekend.
As long as you make a C in Calculus you should be fine for admission (since that is the only one that is actually a prereq). I'm sure they won't really like the D in Biochem 2, but I don't think they will say anything to you about it. I definitely don't think they will take back your acceptance unless policies have changed since last year. I know a few people who had the same problem as you and they were fine.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status
Optometrist
Try your best to bring them up, I know how easy it is for senioritis to kick in :)

But, as a reality check... if you go to Houston , your first semester you will be taking over TWENTY hours of classes and they will ALL be upper level science and optics classes. So, try to do your best to tackle biochem 2 and immuno at the same time. (it's getting you ready for the rigor of OD school) ;)

Good luck !