Am i late?

Started by aquah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aquah

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, i'm getting ready to submit my application in the next few days. How late am I in the application cycle? Should i not even bother applying to October deadlines?
 
If you are applying with schools with rolling admissions you would be at a disadvantage, but many schools don't even look at applications until after the deadline. I know some people advocate for applying as early as possible, but often times I think the biggest advantage of doing so is giving yourself some breathing room for a bit.
 
As long as it is before the deadline. I attend a program with a deadline of October 1st, I submitted on September 30th. Like scrawnyguy said, you are only at a disadvantage if the school has rolling admissions or something goes wrong when you submit (happened to me, PTCAS erroneously denied some credits and by the time I finally got them to admit it, I had been denied at a couple of schools). In most other cases, the time of the submission doesn't matter much as long as it is before the deadline. That being said, early is rarely a bad idea.