Am i late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, i'm getting ready to submit my application in the next few days. How late am I in the application cycle? Should i not even bother applying to October deadlines?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are applying with schools with rolling admissions you would be at a disadvantage, but many schools don't even look at applications until after the deadline. I know some people advocate for applying as early as possible, but often times I think the biggest advantage of doing so is giving yourself some breathing room for a bit.

As long as it is before the deadline. I attend a program with a deadline of October 1st, I submitted on September 30th. Like scrawnyguy said, you are only at a disadvantage if the school has rolling admissions or something goes wrong when you submit (happened to me, PTCAS erroneously denied some credits and by the time I finally got them to admit it, I had been denied at a couple of schools). In most other cases, the time of the submission doesn't matter much as long as it is before the deadline. That being said, early is rarely a bad idea.