Am I late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daubocheese

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dude that's such a bummer. You had everything in at such a good time. Those LOR's can be a pain in the ass. If I were you I would get on whoever's doing your LOR's back ASAP. Let the evaluator know how critical it is for them to be sent out NOW. As for getting interviews, yea, the possibility is def. still there. I have heard of students getting everything sent in October and still getting pre-December interviews (and this was at PENN). Good luck!

I took my DAT on 07/29/2011, submitted my primary application long ago (early July) and already submitted my secondary applications 1 month ago. Until now, dental schools have received everything from my application (DAT scores, primary + secondary application) but my recommendation letters :mad: . Hopefully, I'll get them mailed within this week. It may take a week or two for my dental schools to actually receive them. So my question is: by that time (probably mid Sep), will I be able to get any interview this year (2011) ? or will I have to wait till next year? Thank you very much for your time :)

hhmm, where to start?...thats not late to apply-sdn makes it seem like u need a completed app submitted by june 3rd or ur screwed- false.... its not particularly early either, but u should get plenty of interviews if ur deserving so dont fret...
also some schools start reviewing ur app bfor the letters r in

No need to fret!

You are early for most schools. In fact, I received an email today from an Admissions Officer as I inquired about not receiving a secondary app and his exact words were "It is still early." (And this was stated with the person knowing that he won't receive my official DAT scores until a week or two from today.)

Bottom line is if you're a good candidate, then your app will stick out to the schools whether they were sent in June or Sept or Oct and they will surely make room to interview you since they will want you to be part of their class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your answers. Since everyone has been talking about applying early, so I was kind of nervous about my application, but I feel a relief now :) I worked very hard to get everything done early (except my LOR's which I can't control of) so hopefully I'll land some interviews this year :)

I'm in the same boat as you bro, I submitted my apps on 8/3 and everything is received by the schools except my committee letter. I'm just hoping it gets mailed out by the end of this week!