Am I nuts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Castro Viejo

Papa Clot Buster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember that there was a "Chief's Room" subforum just yesterday... But I was post call, so I may just have been imagining it all. I think I did post something there though...

Members don't see this ad.

I seem to remember that there was a "Chief's Room" subforum just yesterday... But I was post call, so I may just have been imagining it all. I think I did post something there though...

Maybe you had a dream that you posted there. Looking through your post history, there aren't any posts listed in any "Chief's Room" subforums.

I think you could use a little more sleep.

Maybe you had a dream that you posted there. Looking through your post history, there aren't any posts listed in any "Chief's Room" subforums.

I think you could use a little more sleep.

Hmmm... I could use a little more sleep, true, but really, it was a subforum called "Chief's Room." And there was a welcome sticky from Kim Cox that it was intended to be a place for "past, current, and future Chief Residents to talk about" what essentially amounted to paperwork and how to give out good ole tongue lashings to the interns.

So I posted something like, "Finally, a whole forum just for me!" And I had the dancing banana and everything doing the happy banana dance... You know the one...

:banana:

And it couldn't have been a dream. I learned on "Batman -- The Animated Series" that dreams were controlled by one side of the brain and reading was controlled by the other side, so you can't read in dreams! So I wasn't dreaming!

I must be friggin' nuts then!

Hmmm... I could use a little more sleep, true, but really, it was a subforum called "Chief's Room." And there was a welcome sticky from Kim Cox that it was intended to be a place for "past, current, and future Chief Residents to talk about" what essentially amounted to paperwork and how to give out good ole tongue lashings to the interns.

So I posted something like, "Finally, a whole forum just for me!" And I had the dancing banana and everything doing the happy banana dance... You know the one...

When you posted in that forum, did you hear harp music suddenly come out of nowhere, and did rose petals shower down from the skies?

When you posted in that forum, did you hear harp music suddenly come out of nowhere, and did rose petals shower down from the skies?

No... And, no, my pants weren't sticky when I woke up either.

That subforum's always visible to me, but I can't post in it.

Probably has to do with the fact that I'm a mod, but not a chief. :(

That subforum's always visible to me, but I can't post in it.

Probably has to do with the fact that I'm a mod, but not a chief. :(

Hmmm... I guess someone decided I shouldn't be able to participate in the Chief's Room discussions.

There's been some problems with the Admin Control Panel.

The forum is designed so that you are supposed to get permission from me before being able to post in there. Its supposed to run like the Neonatology forum. Obviously something broke down and Castro was allowed in with permission.:scared:

Then it was fixed but was not viewable to anyone except staff.

Castro can you or anyone else not on SDN staff tell me if you can see the forum when you are logged in?

There's been some problems with the Admin Control Panel.

The forum is designed so that you are supposed to get permission from me before being able to post in there. Its supposed to run like the Neonatology forum. Obviously something broke down and Castro was allowed in with permission.:scared:

Then it was fixed but was not viewable to anyone except staff.

Castro can you or anyone else not on SDN staff tell me if you can see the forum when you are logged in?

I'm staring at it right now.

And it couldn't have been a dream. I learned on "Batman -- The Animated Series" that dreams were controlled by one side of the brain and reading was controlled by the other side, so you can't read in dreams! So I wasn't dreaming!

I must be friggin' nuts then!

Great Batman reference. I saw the same episode, although I think it was at least 15 years ago. Batman foiled the plot by jumping off a clock tower and waking himself up.

I've blindly accepted that "can't read when you're dreaming" concept for all of these years based solely on Batman science. Wow, I'm a bad doctor........

Found it. 1992. Who needs facts when you have cartoons.

What's so top secret about neonatology that it has to be a private forum?

Great Batman reference. I saw the same episode, although I think it was at least 15 years ago. Batman foiled the plot by jumping off a clock tower and waking himself up.

Exactly the one.

I've blindly accepted that "can't read when you're dreaming" concept for all of these years based solely on Batman science. Wow, I'm a bad doctor........

Yeah... I tell all my family the same thing based on this one episode of Batman, and they all believe me of course because I have an M.D. at the end of my name. The old "Trust me, I'm a doctor" thing works everytime.

"Wait a minute... But I have read in my dreams," one of them would almost always say.

I put my hand to my chin, as if in deep thought, utter a few "Hmmm..."s and then reply with, as my finger points randomly into the air, "That's very interesting. You must be having seizures while you sleep."

The thing is I think I can read in my dreams. So who's right?

Found it. 1992. Who needs facts when you have cartoons.

Awesome!

What's so top secret about neonatology that it has to be a private forum?

Well, if they're anything like the Neonatologists at my institution, they're making fun of the General Pediatricians. And that's why it's gotta be private.

:)

Or a chief room for that matter? :rolleyes:

Discussions are not "top secret" but as OBP notes, in open forums there tends to be a level of discource that is unprofessional and discourages others from posting. Therefore, the request was for Chief residents to have a private forum where they could discuss issues of importance to them without having to wade through unrelated and unprofessional threads and comments.

Discussions are not "top secret" but as OBP notes, in open forums there tends to be a level of discource that is unprofessional and discourages others from posting. Therefore, the request was for Chief residents to have a private forum where they could discuss issues of importance to them without having to wade through unrelated and unprofessional threads and comments.

Thanks for the response.

Just like the intern forum . . . oh wait.